George Elmer Allan was born on May 2, 1889 in Illinois. He was a traveling salesman until 1921 when he was licensed to preach by the Jackson District Mississippi Methodist Conference. This took place at Capital Street Methodist Church in Jackson, Mississippi. The following year he was appointed to fill the vacancy on the Camden Charge where he remained until 1925. He was admitted on trial into the Mississippi Methodist Conference in 1925 at Court Street Methodist Church in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and appointed pastor of the Brooklyn Mississippi Charge. He was ordained a Deacon on Sunday, November 13, 1927, and on November 10, 1929, was ordained an Elder.
He pastored the following churches: Brooklyn (2 years); West Laurel (3); Benton (2); Long Beach (2); Homewood (1); Georgetown (2); Purvis (2); Poplar Springs in Meridian (6); Creole (1); Epworth and North Biloxi (1); Petal Mississippi; Foxworth Charge; Pearl River Avenue in McComb (3); Justice Heights in Laurel (3).
He retired at the annual conference in 1957. Following retirement, he served as a supply pastor, a visiting minister, and Chaplain at Ellisville State School. He and his wife were the first tenants of the Seashore Manor retirement home when the facility opened.
During his years as an active minister, he pioneered the use of audio-visual materials in the church through the showing of 16mm sound religious films and slide presentations. He also set type and printed his own Sunday bulletins for each of the churches he pastored.
He married Mary Latitia Meadows on May 12, 1912, in Metropolis, Illinois. He died on September 5, 1970 in Pascagoula, Mississippi.