Theristriai Club (Marion, Iowa)
The Theristriai Club of Marion, Iowa was founded in April 1867. In its early days the club was dedicated to the study of classics, drama, architecture, and Shakespeare. After the turn of the 20th century, the study of psychology, public service, education, electrification, and home economics became the club's focus. Serious study gradually gave way to social affairs such as club tableaux, picnics, teas, and dinners. The Theristriai Club was a member of the Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs. The club disbanded in 2011.