Freedom Township Women's Club (Palo Alto County, Iowa)
The Freedom Township Women's Club began in 1923 under the name "Swastika Club of Freedom Township," changing its name in 1942 to the "Freedom Township Women's Club." The early programs of this club demonstrate the influence of the newly formed Farm Bureau and the then-affiliated county extension programs. Club women heard presentations by extension agents on home economics skills such as food preservation, nutrition, sewing, and tailoring. The club's monthly meetings also provided township women with opportunities to socialize and work together for mutual goals. After mid-century, the programming more frequently included arts topics, craft projects, book reviews, and descriptions of international travel. The last meeting of the Freedom Township Women's Club was held June 2, 1989.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Social club founded in 1923. Presentations were given on food preservation, nutrition, sewing, and tailoring.