Henry C. Wallace Papers
The papers of Henry C. Wallace measure 2.25 linear feet and date from 1904 to 1930. Arranged chronologically within an alphabetical sequence these papers reflect his personal life and career. Subject files range from a diary and articles by Wallace to agriculture issues and Wallace's Farmer. There are nearly three boxes of correspondence which include letters from: John M. Evvard, Herbert Hoover, Donald R. Murphy, Gifford Pinchot, and William Howard Taft.
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
2.25 linear feet
Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Method of Acquisition
These papers were donated to the University of Iowa Libraries in 1959, by Henry A. Wallace. A microfilm edition of these records is available for loan or purchase.
- Agricultural laws and legislation
- American literature
- English literature
- Food supply
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations
- Newspaper editors
- Periodical editors
- Publishers and publishing
- Roosevelt Memorial Association
- United States. Department of Agriculture
- United States. Food Administration
- Wallaces' farmer (Des Moines, Iowa : 1898)
- Wallaces' farmer (Des Moines, Iowa : 1959)
- Wallaces' farmer and Iowa homestead (Des Moines, Iowa : 1929)
- World War, 1914-1918
- Writers Archive at Iowa
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee
- Language of description