Edward A. McDermott Papers
Please navigate to collection organization to place requests.
Scope and Contents
The papers of Edward A. McDermott date from 1960 to 1965 and are comprised of 27 linear feet of documents. Most of the papers relate to his work on various committees and commissions in Washington, D.C. There are reports, subject files, memoranda, reading files, statements, speeches, press releases, correspondence, and appointment books. The topics range from civil defense to tariffs and trade, strategic materials to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and Alaska disaster relief to the Kennedy-Johnson campaign. The correspondence includes letters from William Symington, Lumond F. Wilcox, and John C. Culver.
- Creation: 1960-1965
- McDermott, Edward A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
27.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Lawyer, co-chairman of Iowans for Kennedy (1960), and director of the Office of Emergency Planning, 1962-1965. Reports, speeches, press releases, subject files, and correspondence relating to his career in government service during the 1960s.
Method of Acquisition
Mr. McDermott donated his papers to the University of Iowa Libraries in 1971.
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 (Person)
- United States Office of Emergency Planning (Organization)
- Democratic Party (U.S.) (Organization)
- Democratic Party (Iowa) (Organization)
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (Organization)
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Organization) (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note