Scope and Contents
This description contains most Medieval Manuscripts held in the Special Collections Department of the University of Iowa Libraries. Most of the items in this collection are not cataloged in InfoHawk. This inventory does not include all facsimiles in the rare books collection or in the main stacks of the library. Facsimiles are cataloged and can be searched on InfoHawk. Indications of numbers in parentheses following an entry (3) are numbers assigned by previous cataloging efforts. Items from the De Ricci List of materials on permanent loan from the Davenport Public Library are noted in parentheses as (De Ricci 1), etc.
- Majority of material found within 1100 - 1600
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
18.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection brings together most Medieval Manuscripts held in the Special Collections Department of the University of Iowa Libraries.
Physical Access Requirements
The University of Iowa Libraries supports access to the materials, published and unpublished, in its collections. Nonetheless, access to some items may be restricted by their fragile condition.
- Amy Cooper, Kathy Magarrell, David Schoonover
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Early Manuscripts Digital Collection, Iowa Digital Library. Metadata for each digitized item in the collection has been significantly expanded and extends well beyond the information available in the finding aid.
- For further information about Medieval Studies, please see the Special Collections guide "Online Resources for Medieval Studies"