Ernest Horn Papers
Scope and Contents
The Ernest Horn Papers reflect his research and publications in geography, history, and other social science educationÂ spelling, and vocabulary. Organizations prominently represented include the American Historical Association Commission on the Social Studies, the Canada - United States Committee on Education, the University of Iowa University Elementary School, and other schools where Horn studied or taught. Correspondents include Charles A. Beard (letters currently cataloged as Special Collections manuscripts), Madeline Darrough Horn, and University of Iowa education deans and presidents.
- Horn, Ernest (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
26.00 linear feet
University of Iowa professor of education, 1917-1952. Founder of the University Elementary School.
Method of Acquisition
These papers were transferred to the University of Iowa Libraries by Mr. and Mrs. Horn in 1967 and 1968. Processed by Debra Neal in 1984 and Earl M. Rogers in May 1996. Guide posted to the Internet in 2000; updated January 2008.
Other Descriptive Information
- Horn, Ernest, 1882-1967
- American Historical Association. Commission on the Social Studies
- Canada-United States Committee on Education
- Columbia University. Teachers College. Speyer School
- Education, Elementary
- Elementary school principals
- English language
- English language -- Orthography and spelling
- Social sciences
- Spelling books
- University of Iowa -- Publishing
- University of Iowa University Elementary School
- University of Northern Colorado
- Word frequency
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note