Ever Ready Club (Baxter, Iowa) records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Ever Ready Club of Baxter, Iowa, date from 1931 to 2010 and measure 12.5 linear inches. The collection does not have most of the records from 1926-1932, which were lost prior to donation. Activity and lesson materials used in meetings, primarily from the mid 1950s to the early 1960s, include news and journal clippings on home economics, advice columns, anecdotes, quizzes, and American history. Secretary minutes ranging from 1931 to 2010 as well as a club published history are also included.
- Ever Ready Club (Baxter, Iowa) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by the donor has been transferred to the University of Iowa.
Biographical / Historical
The Ever Ready Club of Baxter, Iowa, was established in 1926 as the Women's Auxillary No. 40 of the Farmer's Union. In 1933, the club was renamed the Ever Ready Club. The Ever Ready Club served as a social and educational organization for women in the community. Members read inspirational readings and presented lessons on topics such as American history, hostessing, and home management.
12.50 linear inches
The Ever Ready Club served as a social and educational organization for women in the community
Method of Acquisition
The records (donor no. 1106) were donated by Jean Robinson in 2007.
- Lindsay Shannon, 2008.
- Language of description
- Script of description