Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 107
Abstract Governor and state representative from Iowa, federal official. Papers comprised primarily of speeches relating to civil defense; there are also correspondence files, clippings, and photographs regarding his governorship.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and Agency for International Development official. Correspondence, bills and resolutions, newsletters and press releases all related to his one term in Congress.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa. Speeches, scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and campaign material all related to his political career.
Dates: 1898-1955; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Abstract Speech writer for Henry A. Wallace. Primarily relates to his work for Wallace's presidential campaign on the Progressive Party ticket in 1948. With speeches Frank wrote for Wallace there are clippings, correspondence, campaign schedules, and Progressive Party news releases and pamphlets.
Dates: 1943-1968; 1948
Abstract Correspondence and related files of an artist, art journalist, and collector. Picard was born in Germany but migrated to New York City with her second husband in 1936. Exhibiting her own work, her writing about New York City art, and her extensive collecting made her a central figure in New York art until very near the end of her life.
Abstract Publisher of Retrofuturist and PhotoStatic magazines and member of collage music groups the Tape-beatles and Public Works. The collection includes audio cassettes as well as two boxes of videotapes and a number of small art works which incorporate audio cassettes.
Abstract Manuscripts and correspondence related to her books for children including My Name Is-- (1959) and Hidden Year of Devlin Bates (1967).
Abstract A number of literary manuscripts composed by Chinese writers were acquired for the East Asian collections over a long period of time. In 1991, a program was established to encourage further and continued growth in this area.
Abstract Well-known children's author. This collection consists of several versions of her manuscript for Magic in the Alley. Iowa Author Ms.
Abstract Radio scriptwriter (Kaffee Klatch and Playhouse of the Air among others) and playwright (as Maxine Wood). Correspondence, photographs, clippings, scrapbooks, typescripts, etc.
Dates: 1928-1983; 1940-1960
Abstract 443 indexed items generated by participants in the Decentralized World-Wide Networker Congress (August 1, 1991 -- March 15, 1992) (coordinated by the Crackerjack Kid - aka Chuck Welch) as well as additional materials documenting the congress.
Abstract Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa. Papers relating to his political career and terms in office. Subject files include campaign materials, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Abstract Journalist with Time and Newsday, where he began a column nationally syndicated in 1969. Author of several books. Correspondence, research, interviews, audio tapes, photographs, speeches, reporter's notebooks, and preliminary drafts of his works.
Dates: 1956-1985; 1970-1990
Overview The papers of a Congressman from Iowa in 1932, 1934, and 1936 who was also a writer and was inducted into the Cowboy Hall of Fame for his westerns.
Abstract Diaries of John and Chloe Paisley. John served in the 10th Ohio Volunteer Cavalry in the Civil War, and later lived in Burlington, Iowa. Also includes diaries kept by Mabel Paisley and Susan Swan Lippitt.
Abstract Letters, diaries, genealogies, papers, and videocassette dealing with the Civil War, the Mormon move west, and World War II.
Dates: 1859-2000; 1864-1865
Overview This collection is comprised of photographs, letters, paintings, and manuscripts of Ruth Suckow, family, and friends.
Dates: 1887 - 1988
Abstract Paul Pickett's notes on John Ward Studebaker.
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, business records, articles, campaign materials, fact sheets, form letters, directives, telegrams, pamphlets, press releases, clippings, and other related material concerning the party and the national election of 1948.
Dates: 1940-1969; 1940-1955
- Republican Party (Iowa) 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 8
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- United States Postal Service 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- ATCA Comics 1
- ATCA Periodicals and Zines 1
- ATCA Rubber Stamp Art 1
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Legion 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Artifacts of the Eternal Network 1
- Artists Television Network 1
- Artwords and Bookworks 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Ballasch, Sandy 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Conz, Francesco 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Courtney, R. Keith 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Dunn, Lloyd 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Durland, Steven 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Faithfull, Starr, 1906-1931 1
- Falk, Peter, 1927-2011 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- Fine, A. M. 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- FitzGerald, Edward, 1809-1883 1
- Fluxus West 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gaglione, Bill 1
- Gaglione, William 1 ∧ less