Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 106
Abstract Commercial lecture bureau and booking agency for Chautauqua and lyceums throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Office files of the Redpath-Vawter Bureau of Cedar Rapids, IA, the Redpath-Chicago Bureau run by Harry P. Harrison and Charles Horner's Redpath Chautauquas. Included are: talent files consisting of correspondence, contracts, publicity brochures, and advertising flyers; business files including employee records; geographical location files with materials about cities and...
Abstract Member of a the Hanscom Players a well-known Chautauqua troupe that toured throughout the U.S.
Abstract American screenwriter, producer and actor. Personal papers contains an actors file, clippings and correspondences.
Scope and Contents This collection contains only the manuscript for With Friends Possessed: A Life of Edward Fitzgerald.
Abstract Motion picture and television script-writer and producer. Film treatments and screenplays written by Blees and other screenwriters, miscellaneous, memos and articles, film stills, photostats, phonographic recordings from soundtracks.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and businessman. Correspondence and subject files relating to his political activities with the Republican Party.
Dates: 1866-1983; 1950-1980
Abstract Writer and producer Robert Metzler was hired in March 1975 to work on the NBC television series Colombo starring Peter Falk. He continued on the show into 1977, making near daily diary entries that record behind-the-scenes activity in great detail.
Abstract Poet and teacher. Correspondence, subject files, and preliminary drafts of her writings.
Scope and Contents Editor and writer on railroads. Speeches and articles.
Dates: 1917-1929; 1919
Abstract Postcards, mostly from the midwest, showing libraries, many of them Carnegie Libraries.
Abstract Correspondence with associates and friends of Henry A. Wallace in connection with the writing of a bibliography of Wallace by the Schapsmeiers.
Abstract Attorney and Iowa state legislator. Subject files and correspondence concerning his business, family and political career. The bulk of the papers consists of correspondence dealing with business conditions during the 1920s and WWII, politics, and family life.
Dates: 1910-1975; 1941-1952
Abstract Journalist and essayist. Correspondence, typescripts, notes, reviews, published copies, etc. relating to his literary career and his contributions to beat literature and the new journalism movement.
Scope and Contents This collection is made up of weekly reports from the central office to the publisher for Speidel Newspapers Inc.
Abstract Writer, sculptor, performance artist, and editor of High Performance magazine. Personal correspondence and documentation as well as artworks and other documentation from the Not Clay International Mail Art Show, co-curated by Durland and Melvin Tearle in 1977, and The Cover, co-curated by Durland and Robert Harris in 1978.
Dates: 1977-1983; 1977-1978
Abstract Attorney and U.S. Representative from Iowa . Subject files relating to his year in Congress and his earlier political and legal career.
Dates: 1915-1960; 1950-1960
Abstract American motion picture and television screenwriter. Primarily material documenting his career, with research notebooks, rough dra s and final versions of many of his screen and teleplays, along with photographs from the productions. Also personal material including correspondence and his education and military records.
Abstract Chautauqua and radio performers. Correspondence, clippings, photographs, and ephemera.
Dates: 1907-1982; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Abstract Award-winning novelist, story writer, essayist, historian, English professor at Stanford, and frontline conservationist. Preliminary drafts and proofs for seven novels.
Dates: 1957 - 1977
Abstract This small collection contains papers of the company started by Patrick T. Walsh. These are mostly photocopies and photostats, and include information on the Walsh Company, correspondence, and materials relating to their bid to build the Panama Canal.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 8
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Fluxus (Group of artists) 2
- Friedman, Ken 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- United States Postal Service 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- ATCA Comics 1
- ATCA Periodicals and Zines 1
- ATCA Rubber Stamp Art 1
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Legion 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Artifacts of the Eternal Network 1
- Artists Television Network 1
- Artwords and Bookworks 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Ballasch, Sandy 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Conz, Francesco 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Courtney, R. Keith 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Dunn, Lloyd 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Durland, Steven 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Faithfull, Starr, 1906-1931 1
- Falk, Peter, 1927-2011 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- Fine, A. M. 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- FitzGerald, Edward, 1809-1883 1
- Fluxus West 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gaglione, Bill 1
- Gaglione, William 1 ∧ less