Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 31
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract Letters of the Childsfamily in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania and members of the family in Clinton County , Iowa , including the towns of Low Moor, Lyons, and Camanche. Though the correspondence is carried on during the Civil War, the letters have mostly to do with domestic affairs.
Dates: 1849-1889; 1860-1870
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; 1920-1940
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Collection — other: 1-3
Abstract Paul Cranefield did research on agriculture in Southern Africa.
Dates: 1902-1945; Other: Date acquired: 20000000
Abstract Agricultural journalist. Business correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to agriculture and the Wallace family.
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
Abstract Judge, economist, statistician, and union official. Papers relating primarily to Kennedy's activities with the National Farmers' Union in the 1930s. Also contains subject files relating to his work as a probate judge and with the United Mine Workers of America.
Dates: 1921-1983; 1930-1940
Abstract Attorney and Iowa state legislator. Subject files and correspondence concerning his business, family and political career. The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence dealing with business conditions during the 1920s and W.W.II, politics, family life.
Abstract Born Herbert Joseph Putz. Communist journalist and editor in the 1930s of The Producers News and Farmers National Weekly; his career after 1941 was with the Daily World. Subject files, correspondence, notebooks, typescripts, and published writings regarding the link between communism and agriculture.
Dates: 1930-1979; 1960-1970
Abstract Agricultural publication (1935-1962) edited by Charles J. Coe.
Dates: 1930-1990; 1930-1950
Dates: 1914-1943; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Abstract First editor of Wallaces' Farmer. Arranged in broad subject categories and then in chronological order. Available on microfilm for use in repository, for interlibrary loan, and for purchase.
Abstract Lawyer and U.S. Congressman, 1961-1965. Political and campaign related papers.
Dates: 1959 -1969
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
- Republican Party (Iowa) 5
- United States. Department of Agriculture 5
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 4
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 4
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 3
- Communist Party of America 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Agricultural Publishers Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Grain & Related Industries 1
- American Legion 1
- Associated Advertising Clubs of the World 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Childs Family 1
- Childs family 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Continental Congress for Economic Reconstruction (1933 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- Corn Belt Committee 1
- Council of Defense in Counties 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Cranefield, Paul Frederic 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1
- Howard, James Raley, 1873- 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Idaho Farm Development Company 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Jensen, Ben F. 1
- Jolley Family 1
- Kennedy, Edward 1
- Kraschel, Nelson G. 1
- LeCompte, Karl 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Mayne, Wiley 1
- Meredith, Edwin T. 1
- Missouri River Wildlife Association 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- National Committee on Boy's and Girl's Club Work 1
- National Council of Farmer's Cooperative Marketing 1
- National Farmers' Holiday Association (U.S.) 1
- National Governors' Conference 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Ramseyer, Christian William 1
- Reno, Milo 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- Schapsmeier, Edward L. 1
- Schapsmeier, Frederick H. 1
- Silver, Silas B. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- Thorne, Clifford 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Army. Division, 88th. Infantry Regiment, 352nd, Company K 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on Appropriations 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on the Judiciary 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Armed Services 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs 1
- United States Congress. Senate. Subcommittee on Alcoholism and Narcotics 1
- United States Postal Service 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Chamber of Commerce 1
- United States. Commission on Intergovernmental Relations 1
- United States. Congress 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Court of Claims 1
- United States. Department of Defense 1
- United States. Federal Farm Board 1
- United States. Food Administration 1
- United States. International Cooperation Administration 1
- Wallace, Daniel A. 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 1
- Wallace, Henry, 1836-1916 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1 ∧ less