Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 214
Abstract Graduate of the Writers' Workshop, novelist and poet. This collection contains manuscripts, clippings, a photograph, and correspondence. Correspondents include Hubert Humphrey, Gene McCarthy, John F. Kennedy, Mark Strand, Cleanth Brooks, and Donald Justice among others.
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract American motion picture producer, director and writer. Ten script items ranging from shooting schedules to screenplays.
Abstract A writer of biographies for children (on Columbus, Clara Barton, Lafayette and LaSalle, among others), Mrs. Graham also published more than 300 songs and Strike Up the Band! (1949), a collection of short biographies of American band musicians. Both her books and songs are represented in her papers.
Abstract Naturalist and writer. Manuscripts of his books and articles, primarily about birds.
Abstract One of the most successful women writers of the later 19th century, Octave Thanet's stories and novels celebrated the status quo; she lived much of her life in Davenport, Iowa. Our holdings consist of a holograph draft of her story, The Governor's Prerogative, photographs, photocopies of other stories, and a microfilm of Voice of Nature.
Abstract Editor of the Malvern Leader. Personal and professional correspondence.
Abstract Poet: Kingfisher (1983), Manhattan: An Elegy (UI Center for the Book, 1990), MacArthur Fellow, 1992, Collected Poems (1997). Correspondence and typescripts of some of her writings.
Abstract Acclaimed British novelist and scholar. Research files, including administrative material, research materials, and corrected typescripts for her 1995 biography of novelist Sir Angus Wilson.
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; Majority of material found in 1950-1965
Abstract Author, conservationist, and landscape architect. Manuscripts of some of his books including The National Forests and Timber in Your Life. Typescript drafts, proofs, galleys, outlines, and correspondence are included.
Abstract Poet and writer born in Davenport, Iowa. Manuscripts include materials for a course in Arthurian legend given at the State University of Iowa 1906-1907, drafts of published poems and stories, and typescripts of unpublished stories and novels.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Drafts of A Change and a Parting, a memoir of growing up in Amana in the 1930s.
Abstract Television writer, producer. Consists of two series, scripts and video cassettes.
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Author, editor of The New Republic 1923-1953, and journalist. Typescript drafts, galleys, and page proofs for two books, Preview of Tomorrow and The World Changers.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, Msc0869.
Abstract Author and military historian. Primarily manuscripts including various drafts, galleys, and proofs for eleven of his books. Also contains draftof book reviews, short stories, and articles along with some subject files.
- University of Iowa 8
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 2
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 2
- Prairie Press 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Associated Press 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cassill, R. Verlin 1
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Chamberlin, J. Gordon 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry, 1887- 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark, Glenn 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clark, Sean 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Colebrook, Frank. 1
- Coleman, Carroll 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- DePol, John, 1913-2004 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Donoso, Jose 1
- Downing, J. Hyatt 1
- Drabble, Margaret 1
- Drake University 1
- Dubie, Norman 1 ∧ less