Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 214
Abstract Iowa writer. Manuscript for The Alchemist's Voyage and various clippings and tear sheets. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Story writer, playwright and film script writer, author of books for adults and children, Glick is best remembered for his books about the Chinese in America.
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
Abstract Author of books for young adults and teacher. Preliminary drafts of her writings.
Abstract Holdings are the manuscript of Silver Heels, a book for children. Iowa Authors Mss.
Abstract Proprietor of the Prairie Press and printer. Correspondence, preliminary drafts, galleys and mock-ups for books printed by the Prairie Press, and related business records, advertising, etc.
Dates: 1927-1992; 1960-1965
Scope and Contents A geologist by training and a member of several university faculties, Carroll Fenton published a large number of books on scientific topics for children, most of them with his own illustrations and many co-authored with his wife.
Abstract American television and motion picture screenwriter and novelist. Father of actor Ryan O'Neal. Screenplays, teleplays, typescripts, correspondence.
Dates: 1938-1982; 1950-1970
Scope and Contents This collection contains notes, source materials, drafts and proofs for two non-fiction books: Bats. (1969) and Stranger in the Storm (Abelard-Schuman, 1972). Original title: Birds Flying High.
Dates: 1969 - 1972
Abstract Publisher of miniature books in Newton, Iowa, founded by Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Correspondence, typescripts, proofs, advertising, contracts, etc., have been combined with Charlotte M. Smith's personal papers.
Abstract Author who wrote extensively on language. This collection contains the manuscript and correspondence for one of his novels. Iowa Author collection.
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Burlington Hawk-Eye, civic leader. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, speeches, etc., concerning the newspaper and the Burlington, IA area, with information on the Great River Road Project of the 1960s.
Dates: 1932-1965; 1950-1965
Abstract Anthropologist and author. Correspondence, early drafts, galleys, and printer's copies of three of Kluckhohn's early works.
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Children's author and Iowa's first Newbery Award winner. This collection consists of a manuscript and various clippings. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Assistant Editor (with Paul Engle) Prize Stories 1958-1959. Author of a memoir, We Have All Gone Away (1973), and other books. President of Yaddo, 1981-1987; 1992-1997 President of the School of American Ballet.
Dates: 1927 -; 1960-1980
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Newspaperman and biographer of Grant Wood. This collection contains printer's typescripts with revisions for two of his works, Artist in Iowa: A Life of Grant Wood and Crossroads of America: The Story of Kansas City. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Fine press printer, controller of the Gregynog Press from 1985-1998.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1970-2004
- University of Iowa 8
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 2
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 2
- Prairie Press 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Associated Press 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cassill, R. Verlin 1
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Chamberlin, J. Gordon 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry, 1887- 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark, Glenn 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clark, Sean 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Colebrook, Frank. 1
- Coleman, Carroll 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- DePol, John, 1913-2004 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Donoso, Jose 1
- Downing, J. Hyatt 1
- Drabble, Margaret 1
- Drake University 1
- Dubie, Norman 1 ∧ less