Showing Collections: 101 - 120 of 213
Abstract Writer and journalist. Manuscripts for four of his books, including The Bill of Rights.
Abstract Papers of J. Clyde Ryan. Manuscript for A Skeptic Dude in Arizona. 2 folders. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Teacher, Methodist minister and writer on theological and educational subjects. Correspondence, course materials, sermons and speeches, with materials relating to his many books and articles.
Abstract Novelist and story writer. Correspondence, subject files, biographical material, and preliminary drafts of his writings.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Notebooks of a collector of children's books, artwork, and other items by children's author Marguerite de Angeli.
Overview Manuscripts of some of Hall's poetry, plays, articles, and essays. Also drafts of his book, The Far Lands.
Abstract Journalist and editor for the Des Moines Register. Correspondence, editorials, and subject files reflecting his professional career as a reporter, editor, and columnist for the Register.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1897-1962
Abstract Insurance agent, poet, story writer, and lecturer on literature. Preliminary drafts of plays, poetry, an unpublished novel, and correspondence with writers of note.
Dates: 1911 - 1975
Abstract Author of books for young adults from More Than a Summer Love, (1962), with a special concern for mental health. Correspondence, notes, various drafts, promotional material, etc., of her many books for adolescents.
Abstract Manuscripts and correspondence of the editor, writer, and director of the University of Iowa Writer's Workshop, 1969-1987. Papers include research files and drafts for Ross [Lockridge] and Tom [Heggen]: Two American Tragedies (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1974), including three hundred Ross Lockridge letters and 40 interviews; copies of newspaper articles and book reviews; 446 letters by and about Tom Heggen, 95 interviews, copies of stories and articles written by Heggen; copies of newspaper...
Dates: 1933-1987; 1970-1980
Abstract Historian. Correspondence and preliminary drafts of his writings. Iowa Author Mss.
Dates: 1935-1963; 1960-1970
Abstract English professor, Iowa author, and founder and editor of The Midland. Correspondence, subject files, business records for The Midland, lectures, and preliminary drafts of writings, etc.
Abstract Newspaper editor in Rock Rapids and Sioux City, Iowa.
Abstract Correspondence, notebooks and manuscripts of Chilean writer Jose Donoso. The collection contains a preliminary version of Donoso's first novel, Coronacion, many drafts of El obsceno pajaro de la noche (The Obscene Bird of Night), as well as drafts of stories and other writings.
Abstract Editorial page editor of the Wall Street Journal. Correspondence, clippings and photographs relating to his editorial work, his experience in World War II, and his days as a graduate student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1935-1971; 1950-1971
Abstract Novelist and journalist. Revised printers copy of Somewhere the Tempest Fell (1947), correspondence, clippings, book jackets, and a photograph.
Abstract Newspaper Editor and writer, this collection contains material related to two novels (Amalie's Story, 1970 and Petra, 1978), a play (Eyes of Sky; a Play in Six Scenes) and a biography (Ruth Buxton Sayre: First Lady of the Farms, 1980).
Dates: 1970 - 1990
Abstract Story writers, novelists and playwrights who did most writing in collaboration. Karlton published two novels: Brother (1936) and The Cherry Bed (1936). Correspondence with noted writers, drafts of plays, short stories, and novels, and material relating to the Dubuque Dia, a literary magazine.
Dates: 1931-1986; 1930-1940
- University of Iowa 8
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 2
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 2
- Prairie Press 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Associated Press 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bock, Frederick Stern 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bourjaily, Vance 1
- Bourjaily, Vance, 1922-2010 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Carhart, Arthur 1
- Carlson, Esther 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cassill, R. Verlin 1
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Chamberlin, J. Gordon 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry 1
- Christie, Caroline Mabry, 1887- 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Clark, Glenn 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clark, Sean 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Colebrook, Frank. 1
- Coleman, Carroll 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Corey, Paul 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- DePol, John, 1913-2004 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Denver Museum of Natural History 1
- Donoso, Jose 1
- Downing, J. Hyatt 1
- Drabble, Margaret 1
- Drake University 1
- Dubie, Norman 1 ∧ less