Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 30
Abstract Records of the oldest auto dealership in Iowa, including financial records, newsletters, and photographs.
Abstract Businessman. Correspondence, speeches, advertising, etc. relating to the Armand Company (a cosmetics manufacturing firm in Des Moines, IA).
Abstract Mason City, Iowa, businessman. Correspondence and subject files documenting his business, political and civic interests. Topics include the Iowa Terminal Railroad and People's Gas and Electric Company of Mason City.
Abstract Publisher of miniature books in Newton, Iowa, founded by Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Correspondence, typescripts, proofs, advertising, contracts, etc., have been combined with Charlotte M. Smith's personal papers.
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Founded in 1866 and dissolved in 1938, the Curtis Companies were a conglomerate of associated sash, door, and millwork companies that eventually consolidated into a single corporation. Includes correspondence, ledgers, journals, cashbooks, stockbooks, and minute books, with correspondence of U.S. Representative George M. Curtis.
Abstract Business records of a liquidated Davenport, Iowa, locomotive manufacturing company.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to legislative issues, Charles City and Iowa City, Iowa, and the Iowa Development Commission.
Abstract Washing machine manufacturing company in Fairfield, Iowa. Corporate records, financial reports, correspondence, patents, etc.
Abstract Attorney and Iowa state legislator. Subject files and correspondence concerning his business, family and political career. The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence dealing with business conditions during the 1920s and W.W.II, politics, family life.
Dates: 1914-1943; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Abstract Businessman and Iowa state senator. Subject files, correspondence, campaign material, legislation, and speeches documenting his legislative career.
Abstract Scrapbooks, photographs, paper sample books, and other materials documenting the history of the Hertzberg Bookbindery in Des Moines (established 1920). The company was renamed Library Binding Service by the late 1930s and continues to operate as three divisions under that general name (usually abbreviated to LBS).
Abstract Shareholders bulletins, operative and statistical reviews and documents related to registration of bonds.
Abstract Businessman and proprietor of the Mount Pleasant Free Press. One journal contains Throop's hardware store accounts and recipes kept by Bessie Throop. The other is a record book kept by the Loyal Union League of Henry County, Iowa, 1863-1864, which includes bylaws, meeting minutes, a membership list, etc.
Abstract Cedar Rapids, Iowa businessman; president of the National Oats Company; member of the Iowa State Board of Regents. Correspondence and memoranda relating to his term on the Board of Regents and his friendship with Grant Wood.
Dates: 1933-1962; 1933-1942
Abstract Pharmacist and banker from Winfield, Iowa. Diaries, scrapbook, and subject files documenting Lindly's career and family. Also includes historical materials relating to Winfield, Iowa.
Dates: 1828-1946; 1890-1910
Abstract Vaudeville, theater, and movie business. Clipping books, managers' report books, scrapbooks, business records, cash books, etc.
Abstract Papers of the Kimball Brothers' Elevator Company, 1883-1934. Incoming correspondence and order forms for freight and passenger elevator and dumb waiter company, located in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Abstract Orchestral quartet. The records of the Krantz Family Concert Company consist of three scrapbooks, dating from 1926-1931, containing newspaper reviews, business correspondence, programs, postcard, maps, and other souvenirs of places where the company performed.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 3
- University of Iowa 2
- Agricultural Publishers Association 1
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- American Grain & Related Industries 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Armand Company 1
- Associated Advertising Clubs of the World 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Blanchard, Ruth 1
- Blanchard, Thomas 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dexter Company 1
- Donovan family 1
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago 1
- Goodwin, Robert K. 1
- Grahame, Orville Francis 1
- Gross, H. R. (Harold Royce), 1899-1987 1
- Harrison, Harry P., 1878- 1
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864 1
- Health Insurance Association of America 1
- Hertzberg Bindery/LBS 1
- Hollander, John 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 1
- Idaho Farm Development Company 1
- Insurance Economics Society of America 1
- Interstate Power Company 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Development Commission 1
- Iowa Electric Light and Power Company 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa Terminal Railroad 1
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 1
- Keith, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1846-1914 1
- Keith-Albee 1
- Kimball Elevator Company 1
- Krantz Family Concert Company 1
- Leopold Desk Company 1
- Lincoln Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Lindly, John M. 1
- Loyal Union League (Henry County, Iowa) 1
- MacLaren, Gay 1
- Main family 1
- Main, W. F. (Willard F.) 1
- Main, W.F. 1
- Mason City and Clear Lake Railroad 1
- Meredith, Edwin T. 1
- National Committee on Boy's and Girl's Club Work 1
- New York & New England Railroad 1
- Northwestern Furniture Company 1
- O'Donovan, Timothy C., 1879-1954 1
- Paul Revere Life Insurance Co. 1
- People to People Conference (1956: Washington, D.C.) 1
- People's Gas and Electric Company 1
- Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad Company 1
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and St. Louis Railway Company 1
- Public Relations Society of America 1
- RKO Radio Pictures 1
- Redpath Chautauqua Bureau 1
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 1
- Redpath Vawter Chautauquas 1
- Redpath, James, 1833-1891 1
- Redpath-Horner Chautauquas 1
- Reid, John Cantwell 1
- Republican Party (New York City) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Reynolds, Conger 1
- Roach and Musser 1
- Savin, Janet 1
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, 1904-1991 1
- Smith, Charlotte M. 1
- Smith, Charlotte, 1749-1806 1
- Smith, Thomas R., 1909- 1
- Standard Oil Company 1
- Stone City Colony and Art School (Stone City, Iowa) 1
- Strickland, Charles E. 1
- Tamazunchale Press 1
- Throop, James A. 1
- Trowbridge, Delbert L. 1
- United Booking Offices of America (Organization) 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States Information Agency 1
- United States. Chamber of Commerce 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Office of Private Cooperation 1
- United States. Securities Exchange Commission 1 ∧ less