Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 110
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract One of the most successful women writers of the later 19th century, Octave Thanet's stories and novels celebrated the status quo; she lived much of her life in Davenport, Iowa. Our holdings consist of a holograph draft of her story, The Governor's Prerogative, photographs, photocopies of other stories, and a microfilm of Voice of Nature.
Abstract Records of the oldest auto dealership in Iowa, including financial records, newsletters, and photographs.
Abstract Engineer and governor of the Virgin Islands. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, clippings, etc. relating to his career as an engineer, diplomat, and university trustee.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract Physician. Correspondence, clippings, notebooks, and other papers.
Abstract Transcripts of interviews with Sutherland Dows and W.M. Schneider concerning the history and operation of the CRANDIC Railway.
Dates: 1953 - 1973
Abstract Budgets, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other material.
Dates: 1874 - 1973; 1935 - 194
Abstract Articles, clippings, correspondence, lectures, photographs, etc.
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Children's author and Iowa's first Newbery Award winner. This collection consists of a manuscript and various clippings. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, clippings, and genealogical records of these families, including materials relating to operating a farm near Prescott, Kansas; letters home from a worker on the Chautauqua circuit; and letters home from a professor of music.
Abstract Agricultural journalist. Business correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to agriculture and the Wallace family.
Abstract Farm editor. Correspondence with State and National Political figures including Smith Brookhart, Calvin Coolidge, Robert LaFolette, Henry Wallace, and George Wilson.
Dates: 1916-1948; Majority of material found in 1925-1945
Abstract Business records of a liquidated Davenport, Iowa, locomotive manufacturing company.
Abstract Television and motion picture writer, director and producer. Television and motion picture scripts, screenplays, publicity, reviews, notes and memos, set designs, and costume sketches.
Abstract Lecturer-portrayalist, salesman and editorial writer for the Toledo Blade, Denton Crowl performed on the Chautauqua circuits and in other venues. This collection includes correspondence, appointment diaries, photographs, and manuscripts, mostly relating to his lecture and political activities.
Abstract Speeches, articles, and correspondence of a judge of the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 7
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Legion 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 1
- Baxter, Raymond W. 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Donovan family 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eichelberger, Clark M. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- French, Alice 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1
- Harrison, Harry P., 1878- 1
- Head, Edith 1
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 1
- Howard University 1
- Howard, James Raley, 1873- 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa City (Iowa). Broadband Telecommunication Commission 1
- Iowa Department of Public Instruction 1 ∧ less