Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 431
Abstract Graduate of the Writers' Workshop, novelist and poet. This collection contains manuscripts, clippings, a photograph, and correspondence. Correspondents include Hubert Humphrey, Gene McCarthy, John F. Kennedy, Mark Strand, Cleanth Brooks, and Donald Justice among others.
Abstract Labor leader. Correspondence, reports, and clippings relating to a proposed hydroelectric dam at Moscow, Iowa.
Dates: 1940-1943; Majority of material found in 1940-1943
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and businessman. Speeches on various topics.
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract Correspondence and printed documents such as timetables, train orders, and rate sheets relating primarily to the Burlington, Cedar Rapids, and Northern Railway Company of Iowa.
Dates: 1867-1937; 1860-1900
Abstract American motion picture producer, director and writer. Ten script items ranging from shooting schedules to screenplays.
Abstract A writer of biographies for children (on Columbus, Clara Barton, Lafayette and LaSalle, among others), Mrs. Graham also published more than 300 songs and Strike Up the Band! (1949), a collection of short biographies of American band musicians. Both her books and songs are represented in her papers.
Abstract Correspondence reflecting pioneer life in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Montana.
Abstract Naturalist and writer. Manuscripts of his books and articles, primarily about birds.
Abstract One of the most successful women writers of the later 19th century, Octave Thanet's stories and novels celebrated the status quo; she lived much of her life in Davenport, Iowa. Our holdings consist of a holograph draft of her story, The Governor's Prerogative, photographs, photocopies of other stories, and a microfilm of Voice of Nature.
Abstract Editor of the Malvern Leader. Personal and professional correspondence.
Abstract Administrative dean at the University of Iowa (1944-1974). Correspondence, notebooks, and speeches relating to Dakin's many civic interests and activities. Topics included are Rotary International, Boy Scouts of America, and U of I.
Dates: 1940-1981; 1950-1960
Abstract Poet: Kingfisher (1983), Manhattan: An Elegy (UI Center for the Book, 1990), MacArthur Fellow, 1992, Collected Poems (1997). Correspondence and typescripts of some of her writings.
Abstract Acclaimed British novelist and scholar. Research files, including administrative material, research materials, and corrected typescripts for her 1995 biography of novelist Sir Angus Wilson.
Abstract Civil War soldier and mayor of DeWitt, Iowa. Letters written to his wife while he was serving with the 26th Iowa Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found within 1861-1864
Abstract Engineer and governor of the Virgin Islands. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, clippings, etc. relating to his career as an engineer, diplomat, and university trustee.
Abstract Iowa State senator, 1967-1972 and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa, 1973-1978. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; Majority of material found in 1950-1965
Abstract Author, conservationist, and landscape architect. Manuscripts of some of his books including The National Forests and Timber in Your Life. Typescript drafts, proofs, galleys, outlines, and correspondence are included.
Abstract Poet and writer born in Davenport, Iowa. Manuscripts include materials for a course in Arthurian legend given at the State University of Iowa 1906-1907, drafts of published poems and stories, and typescripts of unpublished stories and novels.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 33
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 18
- University of Iowa 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 16
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 6
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- United States. Department of Agriculture 4
- American Legion 3
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 3
- Iowa Highway Commission 3
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 3
- Iowa State Bar Association 3
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 3
- Iowa. Supreme Court 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Prairie Press 3
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 3
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Izaak Walton League of America 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Adler, Philip 1
- Albertson family 1
- Alden, Ebenezer 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blees, Robert 1 ∧ less