Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 430
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract Audio tape memoirs of Chautauqua and a manuscript relating to the work week of a Chautauqua crewman and crew chief.
Dates: 1925-1926; 1977
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Physician. Correspondence, clippings, notebooks, and other papers.
Abstract Drafts of A Change and a Parting, a memoir of growing up in Amana in the 1930s.
Abstract Television writer, producer. Consists of two series, scripts and video cassettes.
Abstract Records of income and expenses kept by a dentist in Maquoketa, Iowa.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract Naturalist. Correspondence and notebooks of nature observations.
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Iron casting company in Davenport, Iowa. Includes blueprints, budgets, correspondence, publicity, and photographs.
Abstract Letters, documents, and a booklet on Major Hugh G. Brown.
Dates: 1822-1944; 1860s
Abstract Author, editor of The New Republic 1923-1953, and journalist. Typescript drafts, galleys, and page proofs for two books, Preview of Tomorrow and The World Changers.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, Msc0869.
Abstract Author and military historian. Primarily manuscripts including various drafts, galleys, and proofs for eleven of his books. Also contains draftof book reviews, short stories, and articles along with some subject files.
Abstract Letters to McClain's family in Wilton Junction, Iowa, telling of experiences in Tennessee with the 2nd Regiment of Iowa Cavalry.
Abstract Iowa writer. Manuscript for The Alchemist's Voyage and various clippings and tear sheets. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Story writer, playwright and film script writer, author of books for adults and children, Glick is best remembered for his books about the Chinese in America.
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 33
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 18
- University of Iowa 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 16
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 6
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- United States. Department of Agriculture 4
- American Legion 3
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 3
- Iowa Highway Commission 3
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 3
- Iowa State Bar Association 3
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 3
- Iowa. Supreme Court 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Prairie Press 3
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 3
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Izaak Walton League of America 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Adler, Philip 1
- Albertson family 1
- Alden, Ebenezer 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blees, Robert 1 ∧ less