Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 430
Abstract Holdings are the manuscript of Silver Heels, a book for children. Iowa Authors Mss.
Abstract Complete records of a pioneer law firm and several of its predecessors, including correspondence, account books, ledgers, cases, journals, and receipts.
Abstract Proprietor of the Prairie Press and printer. Correspondence, preliminary drafts, galleys and mock-ups for books printed by the Prairie Press, and related business records, advertising, etc.
Dates: 1927-1992; 1960-1965
Scope and Contents A geologist by training and a member of several university faculties, Carroll Fenton published a large number of books on scientific topics for children, most of them with his own illustrations and many co-authored with his wife.
Abstract Budgets, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other material.
Dates: 1874 - 1973; 1935 - 194
Abstract Correspondence, account books, reports, lists, attendance registers, minutes, rosters of officers, publicity material, programs, and financial records.
Dates: 1923 - 1958
Abstract Judge and lawyer. Papers relating primarily to his career on the bench. Correspondence and subject files, together with biographical material, speeches, and articles make up the collection. Includes jury instructions and a well documented lawsuit involving Union Carbide and Carbon Corp.
Abstract Civil War soldier from Danville, Iowa. Consists of letters written to his parents and family describing life in the 15th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Also includes his promotion and discharge papers.
Abstract Mason City, Iowa, businessman. Correspondence and subject files documenting his business, political and civic interests. Topics include the Iowa Terminal Railroad and People's Gas and Electric Company of Mason City.
Abstract Spanish American War soldier from Red Oak, IA. Personal letters concerning the activities of Company M, 51st Infantry Regiment, Iowa Volunteers during the Spanish American War.
Abstract American television and motion picture screenwriter and novelist. Father of actor Ryan O'Neal. Screenplays, teleplays, typescripts, correspondence.
Dates: 1938-1982; 1950-1970
Scope and Contents This collection contains notes, source materials, drafts and proofs for two non-fiction books: Bats. (1969) and Stranger in the Storm (Abelard-Schuman, 1972). Original title: Birds Flying High.
Dates: 1969 - 1972
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and attorney. Subject files relating to his Congressional career. Includes campaign materials, and files on conservation, tariffs, pensions, and other subjects.
Abstract One hundred and eighteen letters from Charles Thomas Ackley, mostly to his wife in Marble Rock, Iowa. Also included are newspaper clippings, brief biographies of some of the men in the Seventh Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and historical commentary.
Abstract Civil engineer and surveyor. Diaries, surveyor notebooks, letterpress books, correspondence, postcards, terrain profiles, photographs, etc.
Abstract Publisher of miniature books in Newton, Iowa, founded by Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Correspondence, typescripts, proofs, advertising, contracts, etc., have been combined with Charlotte M. Smith's personal papers.
Abstract Author who wrote extensively on language. This collection contains the manuscript and correspondence for one of his novels. Iowa Author collection.
Abstract Records of the Cedar Rapids ticket agent for the railway, this collection consists of record books, correspondence with headquarters in Chicago, and correspondence dealing with problems of passenger transportation. Bulk dates are 1896-1899.
Dates: 1890 - 1907; 1896 - 189
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; 1920-1940
Abstract Records for the Milwaukee Road, Amtrak, and the B&O railroads, with some materials from the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E), the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), the Nickel Plate Railroad (NKP), and Acheson, Topeka and Santa Fe (AT&SF) lines from the 1880s to the early 1990s.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 33
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 18
- University of Iowa 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 16
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 6
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- United States. Department of Agriculture 4
- American Legion 3
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 3
- Iowa Highway Commission 3
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 3
- Iowa State Bar Association 3
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 3
- Iowa. Supreme Court 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Prairie Press 3
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 3
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Izaak Walton League of America 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Adler, Philip 1
- Albertson family 1
- Alden, Ebenezer 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blees, Robert 1 ∧ less