Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 430
Abstract Lawyer. Photocopies of correspondence, editorials, photographs, and speeches.
Abstract Fine press printer, controller of the Gregynog Press from 1985-1998.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1970-2004
Abstract Civil War soldier. Typescripts of his Civil War correspondence, describing campaigns, battles, and camp life.
Dates: 1862-1887; 1862-1865
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Born in Ontario 1943, awarded a PhD in American literature by Pennsylvania State University in 1970, taught at Iowa from 1970 to 1986, retired to write. Perhaps best known for Rambo, the central character of his 1972 novel First Blood, which lead to the Rambo films starring Sylvester Stallone, Morrell has written numerous novels as well as screen- and teleplays. The growing collection of his papers includes video and audio tapes as well as research notes, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Abstract Television and motion picture writer, director and producer. Television and motion picture scripts, screenplays, publicity, reviews, notes and memos, set designs, and costume sketches.
Abstract English professor and Republican Party official in Iowa. Correspondence and subject files relating to Republican party politics in Winneshiek County, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to legislative issues, Charles City and Iowa City, Iowa, and the Iowa Development Commission.
Abstract Washing machine manufacturing company in Fairfield, Iowa. Corporate records, financial reports, correspondence, patents, etc.
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Abstract Writer, State Director Historical Records Survey. Collection includes drafts of poems and stories but consists largely of scripts for Navy and Coast Guard training films dating from the mid-1930s to the mid-1950s.
Abstract Chairman of the Iowa Republican State Central Committee. Reports, campaign and convention material, clippings, correspondence, photographs, and speeches.
Dates: 1937-1973; 1950-1960
Abstract Lawyer and Democratic National Committeeman from Iowa. Primarily correspondence and subject files relating to his political work for the Democratic Party.
Abstract Dubuque, Iowa, surgeon. Subject files, articles, and speeches relating in great part to his term as president of the American Medical Association.
Abstract Romance novelist from Love and Cherish (1980), a career started to avoid the boredom of retirement.
Abstract Editor, novelist and professor of journalism at the University of Montana. Typescript drafts and related correspondence for several short stories and her novel, The Hanging Tree. Also some family correspondence and photographs. Johnson wrote Liberty Valence and A Man Called Horse, both, like The Hanging Tree, made into motion pictures.
Abstract Physician and book collector. Photographs, financial records, clippings and memorabilia.
Abstract Manuscripts and related materials for several of Mrs. Bradley's titles, including Electing a President (1963) and Sew It and Wear It (1966).
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files document his career as a state representative and senator. He was especially interested in criminal justice.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 33
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 18
- University of Iowa 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 16
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 6
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- United States. Department of Agriculture 4
- American Legion 3
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 3
- Iowa Highway Commission 3
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 3
- Iowa State Bar Association 3
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 3
- Iowa. Supreme Court 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Prairie Press 3
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 3
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Izaak Walton League of America 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Adler, Philip 1
- Albertson family 1
- Alden, Ebenezer 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blees, Robert 1 ∧ less