Showing Collections: 121 - 140 of 430
Abstract Journalist, editor of Forest and Stream, and novelist of the West. Includes letterpress book, 1902-1912 and 34 letters 1912-1923 to Mr. and Mrs. Fred Bigelow.
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and professor. Personal and business correspondence, diaries, and speeches on painting. Most of the material dates before 1880, while McClain was a law student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1869 - 1915
Abstract Letters about experiences in Penn Yan, New York and Fort Madison, Iowa.
Abstract Born Herbert Joseph Putz. Communist journalist and editor in the 1930s of The Producers News and Farmers National Weekly; his career after 1941 was with the Daily World. Subject files, correspondence, notebooks, typescripts, and published writings regarding the link between communism and agriculture.
Dates: 1930-1979; 1960-1970
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, Msc0869.
Abstract Author and co-author of such books as The Ugly American and Fail-Safe. This collection contains a manuscript for the book The Blue of Capricorn, and the serialized version of Fail-Safe, as well as clippings relating to Burdick. Iowa Author Ms.
Abstract Harter was born in Keokuk, Iowa. Completing a BA at the University of Iowa in 1925, she moved to New York City where she shared an apartment for a time with Ruth Suckow. Primarily a typographer and book designer, she worked for publishers such as Cape and Smith, Smith and Haas, and Random House. Her first novel, Dr. Katherine Bell (Doubleday, 1950) is partially set in Iowa City. She gave a corrected typescript and a set of corrected galleys just after the novel was published.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Dates: 1925 - 1939
Abstract Member of the Iowa State Conservation Commission. Subject folders and scrapbooks relating to conservation issues and the American Legion.
Abstract Record of Clark's accounts with the Iowa State Sanitary Commission.
Dates: 1863 - 1866
Abstract Agricultural publication (1935-1962) edited by Charles J. Coe.
Dates: 1930-1990; 1930-1950
Abstract Account books, tax receipts, operating statements, advertising returns, other financial records.
Abstract Complete working scripts of 19 produced and 5 unproduced plays. Includes Eugene O'Neill (One-Act Plays of the Sea) and George Bernard Shaw (On the Rocks).
Abstract Subject files on Iowa history, counties, towns, colleges, churches, and other matters, unpublished manuscripts, radio scripts, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1923-1939; 1936-1937
Abstract Dr. Walter Fox was a physician who served in France during WWI and later died in Serbia while working for the Italian Red Cross. Helen Fox Angell was a Red Cross worker during WWII and later in the Panama Canal Zone. Primarily photographs, correspondence, clippings, and memorabilia.
Dates: 1880-1966; 1918-1947
Scope and Contents Wagon to a Star, a collection of stories about life on an Adair County farm in the 1870s.
Abstract Educator, United States government official (Senate Foreign Relations Committee chief of staff, 1947-1955; Assistant Secretary of State, 1955-1961). Correspondence, subject files, lecture notes, speeches, and preliminary drafts of articles.
Abstract Minister. Correspondence, sermons, and tax returns.
Abstract Journalism professor and dean. Mott is best remembered for his writing on the history of American newspapers. He also wrote numerous stories, plays and novels, and drafts of which are preserved in this collection.
Dates: 1918 - 1963
- Republican Party (Iowa) 33
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 18
- University of Iowa 18
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 16
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 6
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- United States. Department of Agriculture 4
- American Legion 3
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 3
- Iowa Highway Commission 3
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 3
- Iowa State Bar Association 3
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 3
- Iowa. Supreme Court 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Prairie Press 3
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 3
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Izaak Walton League of America 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rosheim, David L. 2
- Saunders, William Irving 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Adler, Philip 1
- Albertson family 1
- Alden, Ebenezer 1
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- Allen, Lewis, 1905-1986 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amherst College 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Argow, Waldemar 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Aurner, Nellie 1
- Authors' League of America 1
- Bach, Marcus 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bissell, Richard Pike 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blees, Robert 1 ∧ less