Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Scope and Contents Transcripts of the ABC Evening News 1970-1973 (typewritten).
Abstract Correspondence, chiefly love letters, between amateur printers Smith and Turnepseed, together with a few additional materials, including copies of their co-edited Literary Newsette. Many of Smith's letters document his activities training as a navigator in the United States Army Air Force, 1943-1944.
Abstract Farm editor. Correspondence with State and National Political figures including Smith Brookhart, Calvin Coolidge, Robert LaFolette, Henry Wallace, and George Wilson.
Dates: 1916-1948; Majority of material found in 1925-1945
Abstract Born Herbert Joseph Putz. Communist journalist and editor in the 1930s of The Producers News and Farmers National Weekly; his career after 1941 was with the Daily World. Subject files, correspondence, notebooks, typescripts, and published writings regarding the link between communism and agriculture.
Dates: 1930-1979; 1960-1970
Abstract General manager of Associated Press. The scrapbooks contain photographs, speeches, press releases, and articles from his career with the Associated Press.
Abstract American journalist.
Dates: 1917-1963; 1950-1970
Abstract Writer and journalist. Manuscripts for four of his books, including The Bill of Rights.
Abstract Novelist and journalist. Revised printers copy of Somewhere the Tempest Fell (1947), correspondence, clippings, book jackets, and a photograph.
Abstract Agricultural writer and activist. Subject files, pamphlets, correspondence, and clippings, primarily related to communism and agriculture.
Dates: 1920-1990; 1930-1960
Abstract A large collection, stretching across most of the 20th century, of science fiction fanzines.
Abstract Pulitzer prize-winning journalist with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Typescript drafts, galleys, proofs, and layouts for some of his books. Also general correspondence files, speeches, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1939-1978; 1950-1960
Abstract Newspaper publisher and founder of the Speidel Newspaper Syndicate. The papers consist of correspondence of both a personal and business nature.
Abstract Journalist with Time and Newsday, where he began a column nationally syndicated in 1969. Author of several books. Correspondence, research, interviews, audio tapes, photographs, speeches, reporter's notebooks, and preliminary drafts of his works.
Dates: 1956-1985; 1970-1990
Abstract Free-lance journalist and author of Broken Heartland and Under Fire. Correspondence, research notes, and preliminary drafts of his writings.
Dates: 1987 -; Other: Date acquired: 19950000
Abstract Correspondence, minutes of the board of directors, conventionreports, financial records, committee files, copies of thepublication RTNDA Bulletin, membership files, audiotapes, videotapes, and other papers.
Abstract Journalist and essayist. Correspondence, typescripts, notes, reviews, published copies, etc. relating to his literary career and his contributions to beat literature and the new journalism movement.
Abstract Journalist with the Associated Press before WWII, with the National Geographic Society and CBS after 1948. He conceived Face the Nation. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, and preliminary drafts of his works.
Abstract Journalist and publisher. Managing editor of The Daily Iowan as a student, later wrote for newspapers including the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald. Collection consists of drafts for A Fellow of Infinite Jest (1946), a biography of Laurence Sterne, and his own autobiography, The Time of My Life.
Dates: 1946 and Undated
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Mason City Globe Gazette. Papers relating to his career and civic activities. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, and editorials reflect his work for such organizations as the Red Cross, Radio Free Europe, and the Iowa State Board of Regents.
- American literature 14
- English literature 14
- Journalism 13
- Writers Archive at Iowa 13
- Journalists 12
- Iowa 6
- Authors, American 5
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- Drafts (documents) 4
- Newspaper editors 4
- Publishers and publishing 4
- Correspondence 3
- Periodical editors 3
- Photographs 3
- Speeches 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- 20th century 2
- Agricultural journalism 2
- Agriculture 2
- Amateur journalism 2
- Archives (groupings) 2
- Audiotapes 2
- Broadcast journalism 2
- Communism and agriculture 2
- Fanzines 2
- Motion picture authorship 2
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction 2
- Periodicals 2
- Popular culture -- Study and teaching 2
- Television -- Production and direction 2
- Television authorship 2
- Television broadcasting of news 2
- Theater -- Study and teaching 2
- Video recordings 2
- Zines 2
- American fiction 1
- American newspapers 1
- American poetry 1
- Authors 1
- Beats (Persons) in literature 1
- Censorship 1
- Daily world (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Face the nation (Television program) 1
- Fans (Persons) 1
- Fantastic art 1
- Farmers national weekly (Chicago, Ill. : 1934) 1
- Fiction -- Authorship 1
- Freedom of information 1
- Gun control 1
- Interviews 1
- Journalism, School 1
- Love letters 1
- Manuscripts for publication 1
- Mason City (Iowa) 1
- Mason City globe-gazette 1
- Newspaper publishing 1
- Newspapers 1
- Notebooks 1
- Novelists 1
- Personal narratives 1
- Poets 1
- Poets, American 1
- Press and politics 1
- Producers news (Plentywood, Mont.) 1
- Radicalism 1
- Radio journalism 1
- Regimental histories 1
- Rural poor 1
- Science fiction 1
- Science fiction fans 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Selling of the Pentagon (Television program) 1
- Short stories, American 1
- Societies 1
- Syndicates (Journalism) 1
- Traffic safety 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- English 18
- Communist Party of America 2
- American Broadcasting Company 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Associated Press 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Brant, Irving 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Davidson, Osha Gray 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Harris, Lement 1
- Harris, Lement, 1904-2002 1
- Herbst, Josephine Frey 1
- Horvat, Martin M. (Mike) 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Kefauver, Estes, 1903-1963 1
- Khrushchev, Nikita Sergeevich, 1894-1971 1
- Koop, Theodore F. 1
- Krim, Seymour 1
- National Amateur Press Association 1
- National Association of Radio News Directors 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Pierce, Dante 1
- Pierce, Dante M. 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Radio Television News Directors Foundation 1
- Radio-Television News Directors Association 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Smith, Burton Jay 1
- Smith, Burton Jay, 1916-1944 1
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 1
- Speidel, Merritt C. 1
- Starzell, Frank 1
- Thimmesch, Nick 1
- Turnepseed, Willametta, 1909-1989 1
- United States Army. Infantry Regiment, 168th 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Wertz, Harvey W. 1
- Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis), 1892-1944 1
- Yoseloff, Thomas 1
- Yoseloff, Thomas, 1913-2007 1
- united states Army. Infantry Regiment, 168th. 1 ∧ less