Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
Abstract Complete records of a pioneer law firm and several of its predecessors, including correspondence, account books, ledgers, cases, journals, and receipts.
Abstract Judge and lawyer. Papers relating primarily to his career on the bench. Correspondence and subject files, together with biographical material, speeches, and articles make up the collection. Includes jury instructions and a well documented lawsuit involving Union Carbide and Carbon Corp.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; 1920-1940
Abstract Correspondence, account books, and docket books of the law firm of Clark & Haddock.
Abstract Diaries of Edward E. Cook, journals and ledgers of the law firm of Cook & Dodge of Davenport, Iowa, and other business and legal papers.
Dates: 1841 - 1912; 1860 - 188
Abstract Lawyer. Photocopies of correspondence, editorials, photographs, and speeches.
Abstract Lawyer, Government official, and U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, and speeches, including material on Iowa politics and government.
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and professor. Personal and business correspondence, diaries, and speeches on painting. Most of the material dates before 1880, while McClain was a law student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1869 - 1915
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Dates: 1841-1965; 1940-1970
Abstract Attorney and President of the American Bar Association. Subjectfiles, speeches, and correspondence.
Abstract U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Iowa. Papers primarily relating to his legal and judicial career with briefs, jury instructions, citations, subject files, and speeches. Also includes correspondence, information on the School of Religion at the University of Iowa and material about the Lutheran Church.
Abstract Lawyer and U.S. Congressman, 1961-1965. Political and campaign related papers.
Dates: 1959 -1969
Abstract Lawyer in Burlington, Iowa. Correspondence and subject files relating primarily to the Iowa Bar Association and the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws.
Dates: 1920-1976; 1930-1950
Abstract Lawyer in Burlington, Iowa and Iowa state senator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his legal and political careers and his military service in World War II.
Dates: 1923-1954; 1933-1936
Abstract Civil War soldier, lawyer, and banker. Letters about his military service with the Illinois 129th Infantry Regiment, and his life after the war as a lawyer and banker in Illinois and Kansas. Letters Written During the Civil War (Friends of the University of Iowa Library, 1978). These letters were published as Leslie W. Dunlap, editor, Your Affectionate Husband, J.F. Culver: Letters Written During the Civil War (Friends of the University of Iowa Library, 1978).
Dates: 1860-1900; 1860-1864
Abstract Lawyer and journalist. Primarily consist of manuscripts of his columns for Washington, Iowa's Evening Journal, along with some material from his political campaigns.
Abstract Judge and educator. Subject files and correspondence documenting his career. Includes speeches, court cases, genealogy, and memorial tribute.
Abstract Trial lawyer of Oskaloosa, State Iowa and Albert B. Cummins campaign manager. Speeches, correspondence, photographs, biographical sketch, etc. relating to Bray's political concerns and private life.
Abstract Attorney and Iowa Supreme Court judge. Speeches about legal, ethical, and political topics and poetry written and/or collected by Judge Smith.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 5
- Iowa State Bar Association 3
- American Bar Association 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Bray, Thomas J. 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Bronson, Charles E. 1
- Buena Vista College 1
- Calhoun, John N. 1
- Carr & Carr 1
- Carr and Carr 1
- Carr, Edward M. 1
- Carr, Hubert 1
- Carver, Roy James, 1909-1981 1
- Clark and Haddock Law Firm 1
- Cook & Dodge 1
- Cook Family 1
- Cook family 1
- Cook, Edward E. 1
- Cook, Eliza A. 1
- Cook, John P. (John Parsons), 1817-1872 1
- Copley Newspapers 1
- Culver, Joseph Franklin 1
- Culver, Mary, 1842-1920 1
- Cummins, Albert Baird, 1850-1926 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dewey, Charles A. 1
- Edson, Willis Charles 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Elderkin, David 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa and Other States 1
- Gallagher, Harold John 1
- Graven, Henry N. 1
- Greater New York Hospital Association 1
- Griffin, Ray B. 1
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 1
- Iowa State Emergency Relief Administration 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Kehoe, Louis 1
- LeRoy, Millard F. 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Mahaska County Non-Partisan Self Government Club 1
- McClain, Emlin 1
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws 1
- Pryor, John C. 1
- Ramseyer, Christian William 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Riley, William Francis 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Smith, William A. 1
- Thomas, Seth 1
- Union Carbide and Carbon Corporation 1
- United States Army. Illinois Infantry 129th Regiment, 1862-1865 1
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 1
- United States. Court of Claims 1
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Northern District 1
- University of Iowa. College of Law 1
- Weaver, William O. 1 ∧ less