Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and campaign material relating to his years in the Congress.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Abstract Farm leader. Correspondence, typescripts of speeches, articles, newspaper clippings, and other materials relating primarily to the activities of the National Farmers' Holiday Association and to state Farmers' Holiday associations.
Dates: 1927-1959; Majority of material found in 1933
Abstract Attorney and U.S. Representative from Iowa . Subject files relating to his year in Congress and his earlier political and legal career.
Dates: 1915-1960; 1950-1960
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- United States Postal Service 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Continental Congress for Economic Reconstruction (1933 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- Corn Belt Committee 1
- Council of Defense in Counties 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Jensen, Ben F. 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Mayne, Wiley 1
- Missouri River Wildlife Association 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- National Council for Prevention of War (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers' Holiday Association (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- National Governors' Conference 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Reno, Milo 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on Appropriations 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on the Judiciary 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Armed Services 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs 1
- United States Congress. Senate. Subcommittee on Alcoholism and Narcotics 1
- United States. Agricultural Adjustment Administration 1
- United States. Department of Defense 1
- United States. Food Administration 1
- United States. Railroad Retirement Board 1
- United States. Rural Electrification Administration 1
- United States. Works Progress Administration 1
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1 ∧ less