Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 56
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and businessman. Speeches on various topics.
Abstract Iowa State senator, 1967-1972 and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa, 1973-1978. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and attorney. Subject files relating to his Congressional career. Includes campaign materials, and files on conservation, tariffs, pensions, and other subjects.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; 1920-1940
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. The papers primarily consist of political speeches and correspondence on topics ranging from neutrality to the Democratic conventions.
Dates: 1931-1942; 1933-1937
Abstract Founded in 1866 and dissolved in 1938, the Curtis Companies were a conglomerate of associated sash, door, and millwork companies that eventually consolidated into a single corporation. Includes correspondence, ledgers, journals, cashbooks, stockbooks, and minute books, with correspondence of U.S. Representative George M. Curtis.
Abstract Governor of Iowa, 1931-1933. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, and clippings.
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files relating to legislative issues, Charles City and Iowa City, Iowa, and the Iowa Development Commission.
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Abstract Iowa state legislator. Correspondence and subject files document his career as a state representative and senator. He was especially interested in criminal justice.
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
Abstract Iowa State Legislator. Subject files and correspondence relating to his service in the legislature and in the Iowa Attorney General's office.
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and Iowa state congressman. Five folders of correspondence, newspaper clippings, speeches, and legislative voting record.
Abstract Iowa state senator and U.S. Representative from Iowa . Office files, correspondence, speeches, and campaign material.
Abstract Lawyer, Government official, and U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, and speeches, including material on Iowa politics and government.
Abstract Iowa state legislator, attorney, and broadcasting station executive. Senate bills, correspondence, speeches, and subject files ranging from the Democratic Party to the Townsend National Recovery Plan document his career in Iowa 's state senate.
Dates: 1936 - 1973; 1936-1942
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Dates: 1841-1965; 1940-1970
- Republican Party (Iowa) 23
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 9
- United States Postal Service 4
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 3
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 2
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- American Legion 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bogan, Gerald 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Bromwell, James 1
- Butler, Guy G. 1
- Calhoun, John N. 1
- Campbell, Ed Hoyt 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Dawson, Albert Foster 1
- DeKoster, Lucas James 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Frey, Thomas J. 1
- Gallagher, James V. 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gillette, Guy M. (Guy Mark), 1879-1973 1
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998 1
- Goodwin, Robert K. 1
- Grassley, Charles 1
- Gross, H. R. (Harold Royce), 1899-1987 1
- Harkin, Tom 1
- Herring, Clyde L. 1
- Hill, George R. 1
- Hill, Philip 1
- Hoegh, Leo A. 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Commission for the Blind 1
- Iowa Conservation Education Center 1
- Iowa Development Commission 1
- Iowa Energy Policy Council 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa Good Roads Association 1
- Iowa Lieutenant Governor (1973-1978 : Neu) 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowans Opposed to Unlimited Annual Sessions 1
- Iowans for Right to Work 1
- Jamestown Ter-centennial Exposition (1907) 1
- Jensen, Ben F. 1
- Jepsen, Roger W. 1
- Judd, William Nelson 1
- Kelly, E. Kevin 1
- Kenyon, William S. 1
- LeCompte, Karl 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Mayne, Wiley 1
- McDill, James W. 1
- McManus, Edward J. 1
- Missouri River Wildlife Association 1
- Mutual Affiliates Association 1
- National Council for Prevention of War (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers Organization (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers' Holiday Association (U.S.) 1
- Neu, Arthur A. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Pickett, Charles 1
- Ramseyer, Christian William 1
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) State Convention 1
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 1
- Smith, Marvin W. 1
- Sokol, Howard W. 1
- Stelck, Del 1
- Stelk, William 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- Townsend National Recovery Plan, Inc. 1
- Trowbridge, Delbert L. 1
- Turner, Daniel Webster 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1 ∧ less