Showing Collections: 21 - 34 of 34
Abstract Editorial page editor of the Wall Street Journal. Correspondence, clippings and photographs relating to his editorial work, his experience in World War II, and his days as a graduate student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1935-1971; 1950-1971
Abstract Correspondence of Nathan Henry Wilson, receipt books, memorandum pads, and other business records.
Abstract Newspaper publisher and founder of the Speidel Newspaper Syndicate. The papers consist of correspondence of both a personal and business nature.
Abstract Ledgers with subscription lists, printing orders, and cash books.
Abstract Editor and publisher in Marshalltown, Iowa. Office and family correspondence, subject files, and speeches.
Abstract Lawyer, owner and publisher of the Columbus Gazette, and Methodist lay leader. Copies of his newspaper column, correspondence, speeches, and biographical material. Also conference programs, debates, commission reports, etc., relating to the Methodist Church.
Abstract Newspaperman, publisher, president of Lee Enterprises, Inc., and philanthropist. Correspondence, speeches, newspaper clippings, and books.
Abstract Newspaper publisher in Centerville, Iowa . Correspondence, clippings, speeches, subject files, etc., relating to newspaper publishing, Republican politics, and the Rathbun Dam.
Dates: 1938-1968; 1966-1968
Abstract Journals and ledgers, cash books, subscription lists and inventories.
Scope and Contents This collection is made up of weekly reports from the central office to the publisher for Speidel Newspapers Inc.
Scope and Contents Editor and publisher of the Anamosa Eureka in Anamosa , Iowa . Correspondence, manuscripts, photographs, a scrapbook, and other related papers.
Dates: 1895-1924; 1900-1910
Abstract Journalist and publisher. Managing editor of The Daily Iowan as a student, later wrote for newspapers including the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald. Collection consists of drafts for A Fellow of Infinite Jest (1946), a biography of Laurence Sterne, and his own autobiography, The Time of My Life.
Dates: 1946 and Undated
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Mason City Globe Gazette. Papers relating to his career and civic activities. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, and editorials reflect his work for such organizations as the Red Cross, Radio Free Europe, and the Iowa State Board of Regents.
Abstract Owner, editor and publisher of the Storm Lake Pilot-Tribune and the Storm Lake Register. Small group of papers relating to Jarnagin's newspaper publishing career, including scrapbooks, extra sheets from the Spanish American War, and clippings.
Dates: 1898-1971; 1965-1971
- University of Iowa 3
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Associated Press 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Evans, Joseph E. 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Fairfield Daily Ledger 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Flansburg, James S. 1
- Gould, Bruce 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864 1
- Hollander, John 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Iowa Governor's Reapportionment Action Committee 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. General Assembly 1
- Iowan 1
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Lee Enterprises 1
- Lennox Industries, Inc. 1
- Lewis Publishing Company 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Linograph Corporation 1
- Moody, Clarence W. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- Norris Jr., Paul G. 1
- Nye, Frank 1
- Oakville Iowa Sentinel 1
- Parsons College (Fairfield, Iowa) 1
- People to People Conference (1956: Washington, D.C.) 1
- Public Relations Society of America 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Republican National Convention 1
- Republican National Convention, 29th, Miami, Fla., 1968 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Reynolds, Conger 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- Savin, Janet 1
- Shearer, B.H. 1
- Shearer, Paul V. 1
- Shultz, Gladys Denny 1
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, 1904-1991 1
- Smith, Charlotte M. 1
- Smith, Charlotte, 1749-1806 1
- Smith, Thomas R., 1909- 1
- Speidel Newspapers Inc. 1
- Speidel, Merritt C. 1
- Standard Oil Company 1
- Starzell, Frank 1
- Tamazunchale Press 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.) Iowa Conference 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States Information Agency 1
- United States. Food Administration 1
- United States. Office of Private Cooperation 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- Updike, John 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 1
- Wallace, Henry, 1836-1916 1
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 1
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 1
- White, E. B. (Elwyn Brooks), 1899-1985 1
- Whitehead, Glenn E. 1
- Williams, Walter 1
- Wortman, Allen 1
- Yoseloff, Thomas 1
- Yoseloff, Thomas, 1913-2007 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1 ∧ less