Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 107
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract One of the most successful women writers of the later 19th century, Octave Thanet's stories and novels celebrated the status quo; she lived much of her life in Davenport, Iowa. Our holdings consist of a holograph draft of her story, The Governor's Prerogative, photographs, photocopies of other stories, and a microfilm of Voice of Nature.
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; Majority of material found in 1950-1965
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together mail art, correspondence, photographs, slides, compact discs, show announcements/posters, writings, and other ephemera related to or by various artists.
Abstract Physician. Correspondence, clippings, notebooks, and other papers.
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Iron casting company in Davenport, Iowa. Includes blueprints, budgets, correspondence, publicity, and photographs.
Abstract Railroad employee and collector. Collection of publications, timetables, photographs, tickets, passes, and artifacts relating to the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railway, as well as other railroads.
Abstract Correspondence, chiefly love letters, between amateur printers Smith and Turnepseed, together with a few additional materials, including copies of their co-edited Literary Newsette. Many of Smith's letters document his activities training as a navigator in the United States Army Air Force, 1943-1944.
Overview Correspondence and art work by mail artist Buster Cleveland.
Abstract Photographs, brochures, correspondence, financial papers, and brochures from several chautauquas.
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
Abstract Government official and Progressive Party officer. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, clippings, tape recordings, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Budgets, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other material.
Dates: 1874 - 1973; 1935 - 194
Abstract Committed to the production and dissemination of systems art, CAYC was established as a multidisciplinary workshop in August of 1968. A collection of large scale works (each about 22 x 34 inches) was assembled in 1972 by Jorge Glusberg, CAYC Director, as an edition of 10 that circulated as traveling exhibitions. Apparently including about 72 works in 1972, the collection grew over time and the Iowa collection now consists of 143 diazo prints and appears to be the only extant copy. The...
Abstract Civil engineer and surveyor. Diaries, surveyor notebooks, letterpress books, correspondence, postcards, terrain profiles, photographs, etc.
Abstract Records for the Milwaukee Road, Amtrak, and the B&O railroads, with some materials from the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E), the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), the Nickel Plate Railroad (NKP), and Acheson, Topeka and Santa Fe (AT&SF) lines from the 1880s to the early 1990s.
Abstract Articles, clippings, correspondence, lectures, photographs, etc.
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, clippings, and genealogical records of these families, including materials relating to operating a farm near Prescott, Kansas; letters home from a worker on the Chautauqua circuit; and letters home from a professor of music.
- University of Iowa 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Republican Party (Iowa) 4
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 2
- Union Pacific Railroad Company 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Navy 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- Adirondack Railway Company 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Backman, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Bonney, Josiah 1
- Bonney, Josiah H., 1817-1887 1
- Booth, Ballington, 1857-1940 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington, 1865-1948 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern Railway Company of Iowa 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Missouri River Railroad Company 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Rail Road Co. 1
- Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Company (1866-1880) 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Credit Mobilier of America 1
- Crosby family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daumier, Honore, 1808-1879 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dew, B.R. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1 ∧ less