Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 35
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and attorney. Subject files relating to his Congressional career. Includes campaign materials, and files on conservation, tariffs, pensions, and other subjects.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; 1920-1940
Abstract English professor and Republican Party official in Iowa. Correspondence and subject files relating to Republican party politics in Winneshiek County, Iowa.
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
Abstract Iowa state senator and U.S. Representative from Iowa . Office files, correspondence, speeches, and campaign material.
Abstract Lawyer, co-chairman of Iowans for Kennedy (1960), and director of the Office of Emergency Planning, 1962-1965. Reports, speeches, press releases, subject files, and correspondence relating to his career in government service during the 1960s.
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and campaign material relating to his years in the Congress.
Abstract Lawyer, state legislator, and Governor of Iowa . Subject files, campaign files, correspondence, and clippings relating primarily to his 1914 bid for re-election.
Dates: 1904-1937; 1913-1915
Abstract Businessman and Iowa state senator. Subject files, correspondence, campaign material, legislation, and speeches documenting his legislative career.
Abstract Public affairs consultant. Subject files and correspondence relating to his activities inIowa politics, elections, and the Republican Party. Topics include annual legislative sessions, reapportionment, Iowans for Right to Work, and Iowa Good Roads Association.
Dates: 1947-1986; 1962-1976
Abstract State legislator and Perry, Iowa, newspaper publisher. Correspondence, poetry, diary, subject files, etc. relating to both his private and professional life. Includes items ranging from campaign advertising to his WWI supply officer's manual.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Iowa Supreme Court Justice and Iowa state legislator. Subject files relating to his career in law and politics. Includes correspondence, legal cases, law school reunions, etc.
Dates: 1911-1971; 1958-1961;
Abstract Governor of Iowa. Most of the papers relate to the 1960 gubernatorial race with correspondence, campaign materials, and speeches. There are also scrapbooks and office files.
Abstract MacDougall was a collector of materials from the Henry A. Wallace's presidential campaign on the Progressive Party ticket. Includes broadsides, correspondence, and speeches, as well as Progressive Party statements, meetings, and brochures.
Dates: 1946-1950; 1948
Abstract Lawyer and State Chair of Iowa's Democratic State Central Committee. Speeches, correspondence, press releases, voter lists, financial reports, etc. all relating to More's involvement in Iowa's Democratic Party organization.
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
- Republican Party (Iowa) 15
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 10
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 10
- United States Postal Service 4
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Republican National Convention 2
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- American Legion 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bogan, Gerald 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Campbell, Ed Hoyt 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Citizens National Bank (Hampton, Iowa) 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Organization) 1
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998 1
- Goodrich, W. H. 1
- Grassley, Charles 1
- Harkin, Tom 1
- Hill, Philip 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Good Roads Association 1
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1
- Iowans Opposed to Unlimited Annual Sessions 1
- Iowans for Right to Work 1
- Jamestown Ter-centennial Exposition (1907) 1
- Jensen, Ben F. 1
- Jepsen, Roger W. 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Keyes, Scott 1
- Kluever, Lester L. 1
- Kraschel, Nelson G. 1
- LeCompte, Karl 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Loveless, Herschel C. 1
- MacDougall, Hugh C. 1
- McDermott, Edward A. 1
- McManus, Edward J. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Missouri River Wildlife Association 1
- More, Jake 1
- Murray, William Gordon, 1903- 1
- National Council for Prevention of War (U.S.) 1
- Nelson, David T. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization 1
- Pickett, Charles 1
- Progressive Party 1
- Rafferty, Max 1
- Ramseyer, Christian William 1
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 1
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) State Convention 1
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 1
- Robinson, Thomas John Bright 1
- Sokol, Howard W. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on Appropriations 1
- United States Congress. House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Armed Services 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs 1
- United States Congress. Senate. Subcommittee on Alcoholism and Narcotics 1
- United States Office of Emergency Planning 1
- United States. Agricultural Adjustment Administration 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Commission on Intergovernmental Relations 1
- United States. Congress 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Court of Claims 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. International Cooperation Administration 1
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Post Office Department 1
- United States. Railroad Retirement Board 1
- United States. Rural Electrification Administration 1
- United States. Works Progress Administration 1
- University of Iowa. College of Law 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1 ∧ less