Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 61
Abstract Iowa state legislator, banker, and farmer. Scrapbooks, speeches, and correspondence all relating to his service in the Iowa legislature.
Abstract Diaries, genealogical records, account and ledger books, correspondence, and reminiscences of three generations. Includes descriptions of Iowa City and the surrounding area in the 19th century.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Governor of Iowa. Most of the papers relate to the 1960 gubernatorial race with correspondence, campaign materials, and speeches. There are also scrapbooks and office files.
Abstract Historian, archivist, and author. Correspondence files; diaries; memorabilia; scrapbooks dealing with his early life, education, career in the State Department, and work for the Methodist Church.
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract Records of the Sons of the American Revolution, Iowa Society, 1937-1956. 12 items. Secretary's notebook, a history of the organization in Iowa, printed pamphlets, and one copy of the society's publication, The Old Continental.
Dates: 1926-1961; 1930-1940
Abstract Real estate and insurance agent. Correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, etc. relating to his interest in conservative politics and health measures.
Dates: 1913-1960; 1950-1960
Abstract World War II soldier. Correspondence, medals, scrapbook, and photographs primarily related to his service in the 210th Armored Infantry Battalion, 10th Armored (Tiger) Division, U.S. Army.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1897-1962
Abstract Pharmacist and banker from Winfield, Iowa. Diaries, scrapbook, and subject files documenting Lindly's career and family. Also includes historical materials relating to Winfield, Iowa.
Dates: 1828-1946; 1890-1910
Abstract Record of expenditures for a farm located on Muscatine Island.
Abstract Railroadiana collection. Time tables, train registers, train orders, menus, tickets, etc.
Abstract Agriculturist. Correspondence and subject files relating to the early years of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the American Farm Bureau Federation.
Dates: 1856-1939; 1922-1924
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and scrapbooks relating to his political career.
Dates: 1915 - 1972
Abstract Vaudeville, theater, and movie business. Clipping books, managers' report books, scrapbooks, business records, cash books, etc.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa. Speeches, scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and campaign material all related to his political career.
Dates: 1898-1955; 1920-1940
Abstract Lawyer and journalist. Primarily consist of manuscripts of his columns for Washington, Iowa's Evening Journal, along with some material from his political campaigns.
Abstract U.S. District Court Judge and Congressman from Iowa. Scrapbooks, commentaries, and newspaper clippings concerning Wade's judicial and political careers.
Abstract Radio scriptwriter (Kaffee Klatch and Playhouse of the Air among others) and playwright (as Maxine Wood). Correspondence, photographs, clippings, scrapbooks, typescripts, etc.
Dates: 1928-1983; 1940-1960
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 5
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 3
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Associated Press 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- B.F. Moss Vaudeville Circuit 1
- Balasi Family 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Bray, Thomas J. 1
- Buena Vista College 1
- Butler, Guy G. 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Cummins, Albert Baird, 1850-1926 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Edson, Willis Charles 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- Frey, Thomas J. 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Harding family 1
- Heberling, Andrew 1
- Heberling, John 1
- Hill, George R. 1
- Howard, James Raley, 1873- 1
- Hyde, Jackson L. 1
- Iowa Commission on Aging 1
- Iowa Department of Public Safety 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa Highway Commission 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowa Natural Resources Council 1
- Iowa Society of the Sons of the American Revolution 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Ironmen (Football team) 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- J.N. "Ding" Darling Foundation 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Judd, William Nelson 1
- Kehoe, Louis 1
- Keith, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1846-1914 1
- Keith-Albee 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- LeCompte, Karl 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Lindly, John M. 1
- Loveless, Herschel C. 1
- MacVicar, John 1
- MacVicar, John, 1859-1928 1
- Mahaska County Non-Partisan Self Government Club 1
- Marsh, Willard 1
- Martin, Vernon Richard 1 ∧ less