Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 69
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and businessman. Speeches on various topics.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract Businessman. Correspondence, speeches, advertising, etc. relating to the Armand Company (a cosmetics manufacturing firm in Des Moines, IA).
Abstract Government official and Progressive Party officer. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, clippings, tape recordings, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Judge and lawyer. Papers relating primarily to his career on the bench. Correspondence and subject files, together with biographical material, speeches, and articles make up the collection. Includes jury instructions and a well documented lawsuit involving Union Carbide and Carbon Corp.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Abstract Professional papers and academic records.
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. The papers primarily consist of political speeches and correspondence on topics ranging from neutrality to the Democratic conventions.
Dates: 1931-1942; Majority of material found in 1933-1937
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Agricultural journalist. Business correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to agriculture and the Wallace family.
Abstract Lecturer-portrayalist, salesman and editorial writer for the Toledo Blade, Denton Crowl performed on the Chautauqua circuits and in other venues. This collection includes correspondence, appointment diaries, photographs, and manuscripts, mostly relating to his lecture and political activities.
Abstract Speeches, articles, and correspondence of a judge of the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Abstract Dubuque, Iowa, surgeon. Subject files, articles, and speeches relating in great part to his term as president of the American Medical Association.
Abstract Physician and book collector. Photographs, financial records, clippings and memorabilia.
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
Abstract Correspondence and manuscripts of the British scholar and poet.
Abstract Lawyer, co-chairman of Iowans for Kennedy (1960), and director of the Office of Emergency Planning, 1962-1965. Reports, speeches, press releases, subject files, and correspondence relating to his career in government service during the 1960s.
Abstract Lawyer, Government official, and U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, and speeches, including material on Iowa politics and government.
Dates: 1899-1944; Majority of material found in 1899-1901, 1935-1938
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 9
- Republican Party (Iowa) 9
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 7
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- American Legion 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa 3
- American Bar Association 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Amherst College 1
- Armand Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Citizens National Bank (Hampton, Iowa) 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Dawson, Albert Foster 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dewey, Charles A. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Erbe, Norman A. 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa and Other States 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gallagher, Harold John 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Organization) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gillilland, Whitney 1
- Goodrich, W. H. 1
- Grahame, Orville Francis 1
- Graven, Henry N. 1
- Greater New York Hospital Association 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Health Insurance Association of America 1
- Herring, Clyde L. 1
- Herron, Francis William 1
- Hoegh, Leo A. 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Insurance Economics Society of America 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Department of Public Instruction 1
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowa State Arts Council 1
- Iowa State Bar Association 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1 ∧ less