Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 69
Abstract Iowa state legislator, attorney, and broadcasting station executive. Senate bills, correspondence, speeches, and subject files ranging from the Democratic Party to the Townsend National Recovery Plan document his career in Iowa 's state senate.
Dates: 1936 - 1973; 1936-1942
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and professor. Personal and business correspondence, diaries, and speeches on painting. Most of the material dates before 1880, while McClain was a law student at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1869 - 1915
Abstract Educator, United States government official (Senate Foreign Relations Committee chief of staff, 1947-1955; Assistant Secretary of State, 1955-1961). Correspondence, subject files, lecture notes, speeches, and preliminary drafts of articles.
Abstract U.S. Foreign Service Officer. Correspondence, speeches, articles, and subject files relating to his foreign service postings in Latin America.
Dates: 1938-1978; 1940-1970
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Dates: 1841-1965; 1940-1970
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971
Abstract Lawyer, state legislator, and Governor of Iowa . Subject files, campaign files, correspondence, and clippings relating primarily to his 1914 bid for re-election.
Dates: 1904-1937; 1913-1915
Abstract Businessman and Iowa state senator. Subject files, correspondence, campaign material, legislation, and speeches documenting his legislative career.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Attorney and President of the American Bar Association. Subjectfiles, speeches, and correspondence.
Abstract Iowa Supreme Court Justice and Iowa state legislator. Subject files relating to his career in law and politics. Includes correspondence, legal cases, law school reunions, etc.
Dates: 1911-1971; 1958-1961;
Abstract Physician and civil rights leader in Fort Madison, IA. Correspondence, speeches, biographical and autobiographical materials, and subject files document both his career and his Civil Rights activism.
Abstract U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Iowa. Papers primarily relating to his legal and judicial career with briefs, jury instructions, citations, subject files, and speeches. Also includes correspondence, information on the School of Religion at the University of Iowa and material about the Lutheran Church.
Abstract Governor of Iowa. Most of the papers relate to the 1960 gubernatorial race with correspondence, campaign materials, and speeches. There are also scrapbooks and office files.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Lawyer and State Chair of Iowa's Democratic State Central Committee. Speeches, correspondence, press releases, voter lists, financial reports, etc. all relating to More's involvement in Iowa's Democratic Party organization.
Abstract Populist leader. Weaver's correspondence with his wife; other Weaver family papers. Includes material on Davis Co., Iowa, and experiences in the Civil War.
Dates: 1836-1894; 1862-186
Abstract Educator. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, articles, clippings, and photographs documenting his career as a school administrator, state official, and educator.
Dates: 1933-1971; 1956-1965
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 9
- Republican Party (Iowa) 9
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 7
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- American Legion 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa 3
- American Bar Association 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Amherst College 1
- Armand Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Citizens National Bank (Hampton, Iowa) 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Dawson, Albert Foster 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dewey, Charles A. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Erbe, Norman A. 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa and Other States 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gallagher, Harold John 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Organization) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gillilland, Whitney 1
- Goodrich, W. H. 1
- Grahame, Orville Francis 1
- Graven, Henry N. 1
- Greater New York Hospital Association 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Health Insurance Association of America 1
- Herring, Clyde L. 1
- Herron, Francis William 1
- Hoegh, Leo A. 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Insurance Economics Society of America 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Department of Public Instruction 1
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowa State Arts Council 1
- Iowa State Bar Association 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1 ∧ less