Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 69
Abstract Business executive, Republican Party official, and art collector. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, etc. combine to document Schramm's business and political affairs, as well as his activities in the arts.
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Overview This collection is compiled of various documents of John Robert Hansen, Iowa politician.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and scrapbooks relating to his political career.
Dates: 1915 - 1972
Abstract Governor and state representative from Iowa, federal official. Papers comprised primarily of speeches relating to civil defense; there are also correspondence files, clippings, and photographs regarding his governorship.
Abstract Labor official from Clinton, Iowa. Correspondence between local and Iowa State Federation of Labor organizations and with the National Labor Relations Board. Also including speeches, press releases, union business papers, labor disputes, etc.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa. Speeches, scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and campaign material all related to his political career.
Dates: 1898-1955; 1920-1940
Abstract Speech writer for Henry A. Wallace. Primarily relates to his work for Wallace's presidential campaign on the Progressive Party ticket in 1948. With speeches Frank wrote for Wallace there are clippings, correspondence, campaign schedules, and Progressive Party news releases and pamphlets.
Dates: 1943-1968; 1948
Abstract Pulitzer prize-winning journalist with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Typescript drafts, galleys, proofs, and layouts for some of his books. Also general correspondence files, speeches, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1939-1978; 1950-1960
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Dates: 1933-1982; 1960-1980
Abstract Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa. Papers relating to his political career and terms in office. Subject files include campaign materials, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Overview Screenwriter and director. Typescripts, screenplays, correspondence, clippings, proofs, photographs, etc.
Dates: 1945-2000; 1980-2015
Abstract Governor of Iowa. Subject files relating to liquor laws, correspondence, and speeches.
Abstract Vice-president and general counsel of Paul Revere Life Insurance Company of Worcester, MA. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, articles, etc., relating to his involvement in Republican politics (both nationally and in Massachusetts) and the insurance business. There are files on the Health Insurance Association of America, the new York Young Republicans, and the Securities Exchange Commission.
Overview The papers of a Congressman from Iowa in 1932, 1934, and 1936 who was also a writer and was inducted into the Cowboy Hall of Fame for his westerns.
Abstract Editor and publisher in Marshalltown, Iowa. Office and family correspondence, subject files, and speeches.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, business records, articles, campaign materials, fact sheets, form letters, directives, telegrams, pamphlets, press releases, clippings, and other related material concerning the party and the national election of 1948.
Dates: 1940-1969; 1940-1955
Abstract Insurance businessman. Speeches and scrapbooks relating chiefly to Murphy's term as national commander of the American Legion.
Scope and Contents Editor and writer on railroads. Speeches and articles.
Dates: 1917-1929; 1919
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 9
- Republican Party (Iowa) 9
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 7
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- American Legion 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa 3
- American Bar Association 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Amherst College 1
- Armand Company 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Breen, Edward J. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Childs, Marquis 1
- Citizens National Bank (Hampton, Iowa) 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee for a National Trade Policy (U.S.) 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Dawson, Albert Foster 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 1
- Des Moines Art Center 1
- Dewey, Charles A. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Erbe, Norman A. 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa and Other States 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gallagher, Harold John 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Organization) 1
- Gilchrist, Fred Cramer, 1868-1950 1
- Gillilland, Whitney 1
- Goodrich, W. H. 1
- Grahame, Orville Francis 1
- Graven, Henry N. 1
- Greater New York Hospital Association 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Harper, Harry 1
- Health Insurance Association of America 1
- Herring, Clyde L. 1
- Herron, Francis William 1
- Hoegh, Leo A. 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Insurance Economics Society of America 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Department of Public Instruction 1
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowa State Arts Council 1
- Iowa State Bar Association 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1 ∧ less