Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Civil War soldier and mayor of DeWitt, Iowa. Letters written to his wife while he was serving with the 26th Iowa Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found within 1861-1864
Abstract Primarily the correspondence of James Giauque, a Civil War soldier who served in the 30th Iowa Infantry. Letters to his brother relate to army life, the siege of Vicksburg, and Copperheads. Also includes letters from his cousin Florian Giauque who served with the 102nd Ohio Volunteers.
Abstract Civil War letters and military records of Asahel Mann, Jr., John Mann, and William Mann, all of whom were members of Co. A, 4th regiment, Iowa Cavalry.
Abstract Civil War soldier, Congregational minister, and father of Jay Norwood Darling. Consists primarily of letters, a diary, and memoirs of his service in Company K, 154th New York Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War.
Dates: 1862-1911; 1862 -1865
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, etc. relating to the Civil War, railroading in the West, and the Alaskan gold rush.
Dates: 1858 -1947
Abstract Civil War veteran and Vicksburg National Military Park Commissioner. Correspondence, clippings, photographs, diaries, genealogical material, relating to the Rigby family.
- Butler, Anson Rood, 1828-1901 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Darling, Marcellus Warner 1
- Giaugue, Alfred 1
- Giauque Family 1
- Mann Family 1
- Rigby, William Titus 1
- Sterns Family 1
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 30th (1862-1865), Company D 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 51st, Company G 1
- United States Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 154th (1861-1865), Company K 1
- United States Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 102nd (1862-1865) 1
- United States Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 29th (1862-1865), Company F 1
- United States Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 37th (1864-1865), Company A 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 26th (1862- 1865). Company H 1
- Vicksburg National Military Park (Miss.) 1 ∧ less