Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract Transcripts of interviews with Sutherland Dows and W.M. Schneider concerning the history and operation of the CRANDIC Railway.
Dates: 1953 - 1973
Abstract Lawyer, Government official, and U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, and speeches, including material on Iowa politics and government.
Abstract Legal papers, diplomas, certificates of appointments, scrapbook, 2 issues of Keosauqua, Iowa, newspapers (1852-58), and other papers.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Poet and editor. Books, manuscripts,clippings, correspondence.
Abstract Research material compiled by Meade while writing the biography Buster Keaton Cut to the Case.
Abstract Pioneer social reformer. Correspondence concerning her work for Volunteers of America , Volunteer Prison League, lectures, etc.
Abstract Chemist and Lincoln scholar. Manuscripts, notes, proofs, reviews of books on Lincoln's death and the Civil War, and the manuscript of Eisenschiml's autobiography.
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Methodist minister and moving force behind the organization of schools at Eldora and Mitchellville. Included are certificates of Corkhill's appointment of trustee of Iowa Reform School and an account book relating to his expenses as trustee as well as a holograph commonplace book containing the text of a diary of his experience in the Civil War, commissioned by Governor Samuel Kirkwood. This diary also contains poems and clippings. Also included is a CD of a transcription of the diary, plus a...
- University of Iowa 2
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Booth, Ballington, 1857-1940 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington, 1865-1948 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carver, Thomas N. 1
- Carver, Thomas Nixon, 1865-1961 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Corkhill, Thomas E. 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Dow family 1
- Dows, Sutherland 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Meade, Marion 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Sutherland, Dows 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Volunteer Prison League 1
- Volunteers of America 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Welty, Susan Fulton, 1905- 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less