Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 134
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; 1951-1955
Abstract One of the most successful women writers of the later 19th century, Octave Thanet's stories and novels celebrated the status quo; she lived much of her life in Davenport, Iowa. Our holdings consist of a holograph draft of her story, The Governor's Prerogative, photographs, photocopies of other stories, and a microfilm of Voice of Nature.
Abstract Records of the oldest auto dealership in Iowa, including financial records, newsletters, and photographs.
Abstract Civil War soldier. Correspondence from Davis (an officer in Co.I, 15th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers) to his wife and daughters. Letters include information on troop morale, slavery, camp life, battles, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1879-1891; 1861-1863
Abstract This ATCA collection brings together mail art, correspondence, photographs, slides, compact discs, show announcements/posters, writings, and other ephemera related to or by various artists.
Abstract Physician. Correspondence, clippings, notebooks, and other papers.
Abstract Papers of Reverend Joseph Mayo Batchelder and his wife. Included are about 50 letters, written in the 1840s and 1850s, mostly from Peoria, Illinois and Owego, New York; an account book dated from 1848-1884; and a diary dated from 1847-1848. Manuscript sermons, and other items.
Dates: 1847-1976; 1860-1890
Abstract Letters to and from several members of the Beecher family including Henry Ward Beecher, Edward W. Beecher, and Catharine Esther Beecher.
Abstract Iron casting company in Davenport, Iowa. Includes blueprints, budgets, correspondence, publicity, and photographs.
Abstract Letters, documents, and a booklet on Major Hugh G. Brown.
Dates: 1822-1944; 1860s
Abstract Correspondence, chiefly love letters, between amateur printers Smith and Turnepseed, together with a few additional materials, including copies of their co-edited Literary Newsette. Many of Smith's letters document his activities training as a navigator in the United States Army Air Force, 1943-1944.
Overview Correspondence and art work by mail artist Buster Cleveland.
Abstract Letters to McClain's family in Wilton Junction, Iowa, telling of experiences in Tennessee with the 2nd Regiment of Iowa Cavalry.
Abstract Photographs, brochures, correspondence, financial papers, and brochures from several chautauquas.
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
Abstract Complete records of a pioneer law firm and several of its predecessors, including correspondence, account books, ledgers, cases, journals, and receipts.
Abstract Budgets, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other material.
Dates: 1874 - 1973; 1935 - 194
Abstract Correspondence, account books, reports, lists, attendance registers, minutes, rosters of officers, publicity material, programs, and financial records.
Dates: 1923 - 1958
Abstract Correspondence, book manuscript, clippings, incomplete brochures, talent prices having to do with traveling Chautauquas.
Abstract One hundred and eighteen letters from Charles Thomas Ackley, mostly to his wife in Marble Rock, Iowa. Also included are newspaper clippings, brief biographies of some of the men in the Seventh Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and historical commentary.
- University of Iowa 9
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 2
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 2
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Backman, Carl 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Batchelder Family 1
- Batchelder, Joseph Mayo, 1822- 1
- Batchelor family 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Beecher Family 1
- Beecher family 1
- Beecher, Catharine Esther, 1800-1878 1
- Beecher, Edward, 1803-1895 1
- Beecher, Henry Ward, 1813-1887 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bixby, Newell W. 1
- Bixby, Newell Willard 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Bonner family 1
- Bonney, Josiah 1
- Bonney, Josiah H., 1817-1887 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brigham Young University 1
- Bronson, Charles E. 1
- Brown Gibson Family 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Hugh G., 1835-1901 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Brown, Mary Gibson, 1798-1877 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carr & Carr 1
- Carr and Carr 1
- Carr, Edward M. 1
- Carr, Gertrude M. 1
- Carr, Gertrude Martha, 1907-2005 1
- Carr, Hubert 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Child, Harold H. 1
- Childs Family 1
- Childs family 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clark and Haddock Law Firm 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Conlon, Paul 1
- Cook & Dodge 1
- Cook Family 1
- Cook family 1
- Cook, Edward E. 1 ∧ less