Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Abstract Engineer and governor of the Virgin Islands. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, clippings, etc. relating to his career as an engineer, diplomat, and university trustee.
Abstract Editorial cartoonist for the Des Moines Register. 100 original drawings, cartoons with over-lays and color processes, engraving printing plates, correspondence, photos and other papers.
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Abstract First editor of Wallaces' Farmer. Arranged in broad subject categories and then in chronological order. Available on microfilm for use in repository, for interlibrary loan, and for purchase.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Abstract Baptist clergyman and founder of Des Moines University. Church documents, correspondence, school bonds and contracts, etc.
Abstract Record of expenditures for a farm located on Muscatine Island.
Abstract Set designer, impresario, co-founder and manager of the Los Angeles Grand Opera Association, president of the American Institute of Graphic Arts, art director of Look and Quick magazines, and book designer. Correspondence, typescripts of Accent on Life and George Gershwin: Man and Legend, and files on other projects.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Alexander, Archie Alphonse 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Camp Alexander Hays (Kan.) 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Des Moines University 1
- First Baptist Church (Fort Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Goodwin, Robert K. 1
- Gross, H. R. (Harold Royce), 1899-1987 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Howard University 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Natural Resources Council 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- J.N. "Ding" Darling Foundation 1
- Kossuth Academy 1
- MacVicar, John 1
- MacVicar, John, 1859-1928 1
- Miller, Frank 1
- Miller, Frank, 1926-1983 1
- Nash, John Anson 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Redhead, Wesley 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 101st (1864-1866) 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 125th (1865-1867) 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 12th (1863-1866) 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Armed Services 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs 1
- United States Congress. Senate. Subcommittee on Alcoholism and Narcotics 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 1
- United States. Food Administration 1
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 1
- Wallace, Henry, 1836-1916 1
- Wildlife Society. Iowa Chapter 1
- Wise Clark Family 1
- Yellow Springs Collegiate Institute 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1 ∧ less