Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 46
Abstract Editor of the Malvern Leader. Personal and professional correspondence.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Author, editor of The New Republic 1923-1953, and journalist. Typescript drafts, galleys, and page proofs for two books, Preview of Tomorrow and The World Changers.
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, Msc0869.
Abstract Proprietor of the Prairie Press and printer. Correspondence, preliminary drafts, galleys and mock-ups for books printed by the Prairie Press, and related business records, advertising, etc.
Dates: 1927-1992; 1960-1965
Abstract Publisher of miniature books in Newton, Iowa, founded by Charlotte and Thomas Smith. Correspondence, typescripts, proofs, advertising, contracts, etc., have been combined with Charlotte M. Smith's personal papers.
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Burlington Hawk-Eye, civic leader. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, speeches, etc., concerning the newspaper and the Burlington, IA area, with information on the Great River Road Project of the 1960s.
Dates: 1932-1965; 1950-1965
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Fine press printer, controller of the Gregynog Press from 1985-1998.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1970-2004
Abstract Agricultural publication (1935-1962) edited by Charles J. Coe.
Dates: 1930-1990; 1930-1950
Abstract Account books, tax receipts, operating statements, advertising returns, other financial records.
Abstract Subject files on Iowa history, counties, towns, colleges, churches, and other matters, unpublished manuscripts, radio scripts, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1923-1939; 1936-1937
Abstract Reporter and editor for The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Correspondence, subject files, and photographs relating to Nye's career with the Gazette. Includes information on Iowa politics and legislature, reapportionment, Herbert Hoover, and copies of articles written by Nye.
Abstract General manager of Associated Press. The scrapbooks contain photographs, speeches, press releases, and articles from his career with the Associated Press.
Abstract Noted science fiction fan and fanzine editor from Seattle, Washington. Correspondence, together with some additional ephemera.
Abstract Editor with Better Homes and Gardens and The Ladies' Home Journal and author of biographies. Typescript of her Jenny Lind (1962).
Abstract State legislator and Perry, Iowa, newspaper publisher. Correspondence, poetry, diary, subject files, etc. relating to both his private and professional life. Includes items ranging from campaign advertising to his WWI supply officer's manual.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
- University of Iowa 3
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 2
- Prairie Press 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Speidel Newspaper Syndicate 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Adler, Philip 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Angelou, Maya 1
- Associated Press 1
- Bahar, Ann 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Bliven, Bruce 1
- Bliven, Bruce, 1889-1977 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Bradstreet, Anne, 1612?-1672. 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 1
- Carey, John W. 1
- Carr, Gertrude M. 1
- Carr, Gertrude Martha, 1907-2005 1
- Coe, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1908- 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Colebrook, Frank. 1
- Coleman, Carroll 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- DePol, John, 1913-2004 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Esslemont, David 1
- Evans, Joseph E. 1
- Facts for Farmers 1
- Fairfield Daily Ledger 1
- Farm Research, Inc. 1
- Federal Writers' Project 1
- Field, Eugene, 1850-1895 1
- Flansburg, James S. 1
- Frederick, John Towner 1
- Garner, W. Lee 1
- Gill, Eric, 1882-1940 1
- Gould, Bruce 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864 1
- Hollander, John 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Iowa Farmers Union 1
- Iowa Governor's Reapportionment Action Committee 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. General Assembly 1
- Iowan 1
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Kelmscott Press 1
- Lee Enterprises 1
- Lennox Industries, Inc. 1
- Lester-Massman, Gordon 1
- Lewis Publishing Company 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Linograph Corporation 1
- Maecenas Press 1
- McChesney, Mary 1
- McClure, Robert 1
- Moody, Clarence W. 1
- Morris, Willie 1
- Mott, Frank Luther, 1886-1964 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- National Fantasy Fan Federation 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- Norris Jr., Paul G. 1
- Nye, Frank 1
- Oakville Iowa Sentinel 1
- Olmstead, Clark 1
- Otero, Paul 1
- Pandrick Press 1
- Parsons College (Fairfield, Iowa) 1
- Peich, Michael 1
- People to People Conference (1956: Washington, D.C.) 1
- Public Relations Society of America 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Red Ozier Press 1
- Reigelman, Milton M., 1942- 1
- Reigelman, Milton Monroe 1
- Republican National Convention 1
- Republican National Convention, 29th, Miami, Fla., 1968 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Reynolds, Conger 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- S. S. McClure Ltd. 1
- Savin, Janet 1
- Saxe, Stephen O. 1
- Shearer, B.H. 1
- Shearer, Paul V. 1
- Shewring, Walter 1
- Shultz, Gladys Denny 1
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, 1904-1991 1 ∧ less