Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract Photographs, brochures, correspondence, financial papers, and brochures from several chautauquas.
Abstract Complete records of a pioneer law firm and several of its predecessors, including correspondence, account books, ledgers, cases, journals, and receipts.
Abstract Correspondence, account books, reports, lists, attendance registers, minutes, rosters of officers, publicity material, programs, and financial records.
Dates: 1923 - 1958
Abstract Diaries of Edward E. Cook, journals and ledgers of the law firm of Cook & Dodge of Davenport, Iowa, and other business and legal papers.
Dates: 1841 - 1912; 1860 - 188
Abstract Founded in 1866 and dissolved in 1938, the Curtis Companies were a conglomerate of associated sash, door, and millwork companies that eventually consolidated into a single corporation. Includes correspondence, ledgers, journals, cashbooks, stockbooks, and minute books, with correspondence of U.S. Representative George M. Curtis.
Abstract Business records of a liquidated Davenport, Iowa, locomotive manufacturing company.
Abstract Correspondence to and from the Second Lieutenant.
Abstract Iowa farm family. Correspondence and business papers of Joseph Black McDill, George R. McDill, and John Ronald.
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of the financial documents and miscellaneous papers.
Dates: 1941-1965; 1950-1970
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Commercial lecture bureau and booking agency for Chautauqua and lyceums throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Office files of the Redpath-Vawter Bureau of Cedar Rapids, IA, the Redpath-Chicago Bureau run by Harry P. Harrison and Charles Horner's Redpath Chautauquas. Included are: talent files consisting of correspondence, contracts, publicity brochures, and advertising flyers; business files including employee records; geographical location files with materials about cities and...
Abstract Private press founded and operated by Allan and Cinda Kornblum in Iowa City in 1970. Comprised of subject files, correspondence, financial records, etc. relating to the daily operations and literary output of the private press.
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 2
- University of Iowa 2
- Backman, Carl 1
- Blair, Amos S. 1
- Blanchard, Ruth 1
- Blanchard, Thomas 1
- Bronson, Charles E. 1
- Carr & Carr 1
- Carr and Carr 1
- Carr, Edward M. 1
- Carr, Hubert 1
- Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Cook & Dodge 1
- Cook Family 1
- Cook family 1
- Cook, Edward E. 1
- Cook, Eliza A. 1
- Cook, John P. (John Parsons), 1817-1872 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Emergency Committee for German Protestantism, Inc. 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Griffin, Ray B. 1
- Harrison, Harry P., 1878- 1
- Horner, Charles F. (Charles Francis), 1878-1967 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- LeRoy, Millard F. 1
- McDill Family 1
- Newcomers Christian Fellowship 1
- Redpath Chautauqua Bureau 1
- Redpath Vawter Chautauquas 1
- Redpath, James, 1833-1891 1
- Redpath-Horner Chautauquas 1
- Strong, George W., approximately 1833- 1
- Toothpaste Press 1
- Toothpaste/Coffee House Press 1
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 59th (1864-1866). Company H. 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 20th (1862-1865). Company E 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 15th (1862-1865). Company F. 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Volunteers of African Descent Infantry Regiment, 1st (1863-1864) 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- Vawter, Keith, 1872-1937 1
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 1 ∧ less