Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Abstract Proprietor of the Prairie Press and printer. Correspondence, preliminary drafts, galleys and mock-ups for books printed by the Prairie Press, and related business records, advertising, etc.
Dates: 1927-1992; 1960-1965
Abstract Civil engineer and surveyor. Diaries, surveyor notebooks, letterpress books, correspondence, postcards, terrain profiles, photographs, etc.
Abstract Pioneer banking firm operated by John C. Culbertson and Morgan Reno.
Abstract Mr. Allen worked with Grant Wood and muralist Diego Rivera. From 1937 to 1976, Allen was a medical illustrator at the University of Iowa Hospitals. This collection consists of the drawings, mostly on 5 x 7 cards, that accompanied his book 'A Hole in My Vision: An Artist's View of His Own Macular Degeneration'.
Dates: 1988-1997; 1995-1997
Abstract Dr. Walter Fox was a physician who served in France during WWI and later died in Serbia while working for the Italian Red Cross. Helen Fox Angell was a Red Cross worker during WWII and later in the Panama Canal Zone. Primarily photographs, correspondence, clippings, and memorabilia.
Dates: 1880-1966; 1918-1947
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971
Abstract Artist. Correspondence, diaries, sketchbooks, and photographs.
Abstract Diaries, genealogical records, account and ledger books, correspondence, and reminiscences of three generations. Includes descriptions of Iowa City and the surrounding area in the 19th century.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Cedar Rapids, Iowa businessman; president of the National Oats Company; member of the Iowa State Board of Regents. Correspondence and memoranda relating to his term on the Board of Regents and his friendship with Grant Wood.
Dates: 1933-1962; 1933-1942
Abstract English professor, Iowa author, and founder and editor of The Midland. Correspondence, subject files, business records for The Midland, lectures, and preliminary drafts of writings, etc.
Abstract Director of Alumni Programs and Director of Community Relations for the University of Iowa and mayor of Iowa City. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Dates: 1940-1983; 1960-1980
Abstract Collector and scholar. Chiefly correspondence assembled in preparing his A Study of the Midland Magazine: 1915-1933 (1973) and The Midland: a Venture in Literary Regionalism (1975).
Overview Screenwriter and director. Typescripts, screenplays, correspondence, clippings, proofs, photographs, etc.
Dates: 1945-2000; 1980-2015
Abstract Student leader, scholar, and athlete from Iowa. Correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, speeches, photographs, articles, etc.
Abstract Iowa City building. Legal documents, correspondence, financial records, etc. used in the battle to save Old Brick from destruction.
Abstract Letters, diaries, genealogies, papers, and videocassette dealing with the Civil War, the Mormon move west, and World War II.
Dates: 1859-2000; 1864-1865
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Overview Iowa City resident and artist. From the late 1970s to the late 1980s Courtney conducted a project titled Notes From All Over, which invited artists to send him found objects and printed matter. The collection consists of art works, correspondence, and related documentation dating from 1971-1995.
Abstract Iowa City Broadband Telecommunications Papers.
Dates: 1971-1982; 1978-1980
- University of Iowa 6
- Allen, Edwin Lee 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Coleman, Carroll 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Courtney, R. Keith 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Culbertson, John C. 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Federal Writers' Project 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Fox family 1
- Frederick, John Towner 1
- Harding family 1
- Heberling, Andrew 1
- Heberling, John 1
- Hickerson, Loren L. 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa City (Iowa). Broadband Telecommunication Commission 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- Irish, Charles Wood 1
- Ironmen (Football team) 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Meyer, Nicholas 1
- Old Brick 1
- Palmer family 1
- Palmer, Harriet Calkins Catlett 1
- Palmer, John E. IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, V 1
- Palmer, Joseph Ward 1
- Palmer, Thomas Sharp 1
- Palmer, William 1
- Pepper, Robert 1
- Pepper, Robert M. 1
- Prairie Press 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Reid, John Cantwell 1
- Reigelman, Milton M., 1942- 1
- Reigelman, Milton Monroe 1
- Reno, Morgan 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Stone City Colony and Art School (Stone City, Iowa) 1
- United States Army. Medical Officers' Reserve Corps 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 13th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 28th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Navy 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. Department of Ophthalmology 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Yewell, George Henry 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less