Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Abstract Judge and lawyer. Papers relating primarily to his career on the bench. Correspondence and subject files, together with biographical material, speeches, and articles make up the collection. Includes jury instructions and a well documented lawsuit involving Union Carbide and Carbon Corp.
Abstract Speeches, articles, and correspondence of a judge of the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Abstract Lawyer, judge, and Iowa state congressman. Five folders of correspondence, newspaper clippings, speeches, and legislative voting record.
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Judge, economist, statistician, and union official. Papers relating primarily to Kennedy's activities with the National Farmers' Union in the 1930s. Also contains subject files relating to his work as a probate judge and with the United Mine Workers of America.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Abstract State senator and judge. Political correspondence, speeches, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Iowa Supreme Court Justice and Iowa state legislator. Subject files relating to his career in law and politics. Includes correspondence, legal cases, law school reunions, etc.
Abstract U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Iowa. Papers primarily relating to his legal and judicial career with briefs, jury instructions, citations, subject files, and speeches. Also includes correspondence, information on the School of Religion at the University of Iowa and material about the Lutheran Church.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa, member of the Interstate Commerce Commission, and judge. Diaries, memoirs, correspondence, speeches, and other material relating to his life and career.
- Iowa. Supreme Court 3
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 3
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- United States. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit) 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- American Bar Association 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Dewey, Charles A. 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa and Other States 1
- Evans, William D. 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- Graven, Henry N. 1
- Hill, George R. 1
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 1
- Iowa State Bar Association 1
- Iowa. District Court (Southern District) 1
- Kennedy, Edward 1
- Kenyon, William S. 1
- Lay, Donald P., 1926-2007 1
- Lay, Donald Pomeroy 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- McDill, James W. 1
- McManus, Edward J. 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Riley, William Francis 1
- Smith, William A. 1
- Stephenson, Judge Roy L. 1
- Stephenson, Roy L., 1917-1982 1
- Thomas, Seth 1
- Union Carbide and Carbon Corporation 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1
- United States. Circuit Court (8th Circuit) 1
- United States. Circuit Court of Appeals 1
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Northern District 1
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Wickersham Commission 1
- University of Iowa 1
- Vincent, Earl W. 1
- Wade, Martin J. 1 ∧ less