Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Overview Correspondence and art work by mail artist Buster Cleveland.
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Burlington Hawk-Eye, civic leader. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, speeches, etc., concerning the newspaper and the Burlington, IA area, with information on the Great River Road Project of the 1960s.
Dates: 1932-1965; 1950-1965
Abstract Attorney and Iowa state legislator. Subject files and correspondence concerning his business, family and political career. The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence dealing with business conditions during the 1920s and W.W.II, politics, family life.
Abstract Legal papers, diplomas, certificates of appointments, scrapbook, 2 issues of Keosauqua, Iowa, newspapers (1852-58), and other papers.
Abstract Born Herbert Joseph Putz. Communist journalist and editor in the 1930s of The Producers News and Farmers National Weekly; his career after 1941 was with the Daily World. Subject files, correspondence, notebooks, typescripts, and published writings regarding the link between communism and agriculture.
Dates: 1930-1979; 1960-1970
Abstract Reporter and editor for The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Correspondence, subject files, and photographs relating to Nye's career with the Gazette. Includes information on Iowa politics and legislature, reapportionment, Herbert Hoover, and copies of articles written by Nye.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Overview The papers of a Congressman from Iowa in 1932, 1934, and 1936 who was also a writer and was inducted into the Cowboy Hall of Fame for his westerns.
Abstract Chemist and Lincoln scholar. Manuscripts, notes, proofs, reviews of books on Lincoln's death and the Civil War, and the manuscript of Eisenschiml's autobiography.
Abstract Editor and publisher in Marshalltown, Iowa. Office and family correspondence, subject files, and speeches.
Abstract English professor. Correspondence, subject, and research files documenting Mabbott's scholarly pursuits and his hobbies. It is primarily made up of research files relating to Edgar Allan Poe.
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Mason City Globe Gazette. Papers relating to his career and civic activities. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, and editorials reflect his work for such organizations as the Red Cross, Radio Free Europe, and the Iowa State Board of Regents.
Abstract Owner, editor and publisher of the Storm Lake Pilot-Tribune and the Storm Lake Register. Small group of papers relating to Jarnagin's newspaper publishing career, including scrapbooks, extra sheets from the Spanish American War, and clippings.
Dates: 1898-1971; 1965-1971
- University of Iowa 3
- Agricultural Publishers Association 1
- American Legion 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Associated Advertising Clubs of the World 1
- Bert, Erik 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Hunter College 1
- Idaho Farm Development Company 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Governor's Reapportionment Action Committee 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Iowa. General Assembly 1
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Lennox Industries, Inc. 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Mabbott, Maureen Cobb 1
- Mabbott, Thomas Ollive 1
- Meredith, Edwin T. 1
- Milton, John, 1608-1674 1
- Moody, Clarence W. 1
- National Committee on Boy's and Girl's Club Work 1
- Norris Jr., Paul G. 1
- Nye, Frank 1
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Republican National Convention, 29th, Miami, Fla., 1968 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Twain, Mark, 1835-1910 1
- United States. Chamber of Commerce 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less