Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract Records of the oldest auto dealership in Iowa, including financial records, newsletters, and photographs.
Abstract Administrative dean at the University of Iowa (1944-1974). Correspondence, notebooks, and speeches relating to Dakin's many civic interests and activities. Topics included are Rotary International, Boy Scouts of America, and U of I.
Overview Correspondence and art work by mail artist Buster Cleveland.
Abstract Correspondence and manuscripts of the British scholar and poet.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Papers relating to the organization of the Young Republican League of Iowa in the First Congressional District, 1932-1935; records of Bailey's campaign for the office of Washington County attorney in 1932 and 1934; folder of letters dated 1945-1946 from Alfred E. Baldrige, Bailey's law partner, and his wife, Charlotte, during Baldrige's military service during World War II in Germany.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Overview Screenwriter and director. Typescripts, screenplays, correspondence, clippings, proofs, photographs, etc.
Abstract Diaries of John and Chloe Paisley. John served in the 10th Ohio Volunteer Cavalry in the Civil War, and later lived in Burlington, Iowa. Also includes diaries kept by Mabel Paisley and Susan Swan Lippitt.
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
- University of Iowa 2
- Allen Motor Company 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Bailey, Henry B. 1
- Baldridge, Alfred E. 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Brigham Young University 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Dakin, Allin 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Donovan family 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Espinosa, Robert 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Iowa Natural Resources Council 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- J.N. "Ding" Darling Foundation 1
- Library of Congress 1
- Meyer, Nicholas 1
- New York & New England Railroad 1
- O'Donovan, Timothy C., 1879-1954 1
- Paisley Family 1
- Paisley, Chloe Lippitt, 1839-1925 1
- Paisley, John, 1831-1909 1
- Paisley, Mabel 1
- Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad Company 1
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and St. Louis Railway Company 1
- Rotary International 1
- Swan, Susan Lippitt 1
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 1
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 1
- United States Army. Ohio Cavalry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865) 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1
- Wildlife Society. Iowa Chapter 1
- Young Republican League of Iowa 1 ∧ less