Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Abstract Correspondence and printed documents such as timetables, train orders, and rate sheets relating primarily to the Burlington, Cedar Rapids, and Northern Railway Company of Iowa.
Dates: 1867-1937; 1860-1900
Abstract Records of the oldest auto dealership in Iowa, including financial records, newsletters, and photographs.
Abstract Railroad employee and collector. Collection of publications, timetables, photographs, tickets, passes, and artifacts relating to the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railway, as well as other railroads.
Abstract Mason City, Iowa, businessman. Correspondence and subject files documenting his business, political and civic interests. Topics include the Iowa Terminal Railroad and People's Gas and Electric Company of Mason City.
Abstract Civil engineer and surveyor. Diaries, surveyor notebooks, letterpress books, correspondence, postcards, terrain profiles, photographs, etc.
Abstract Records of the Cedar Rapids ticket agent for the railway, this collection consists of record books, correspondence with headquarters in Chicago, and correspondence dealing with problems of passenger transportation. Bulk dates are 1896-1899.
Dates: 1890 - 1907; 1896 - 189
Abstract Records for the Milwaukee Road, Amtrak, and the B&O railroads, with some materials from the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E), the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), the Nickel Plate Railroad (NKP), and Acheson, Topeka and Santa Fe (AT&SF) lines from the 1880s to the early 1990s.
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Abstract Soldier, 13th Regiment of railway engineers, U.S. Army, in W.W.I. Correspondence, picture postcards, and photographs.
Dates: 1917-1932; 1978
Abstract Pioneer family from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Typed transcriptions of diaries, letters, and cards describing life in early Johnson, Jones, and Linn counties in Iowa.
Dates: 1790-1936; 1860-1890
Abstract Railroadiana collection. Time tables, train registers, train orders, menus, tickets, etc.
Abstract Historian, journalist, railroad employee, and collector. Records, notes, correspondence, ledgers, financial accounts, legal papers, land profiles, etc. relating to the building and operation of the Union Pacific, Rock Island, and other railroads.
Dates: 1850-1942; 1860-1890
Abstract Timetables and track charts for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe, CSX Transportation, Conrail; Soo Line; Burlington Northern Santa Fe; and Wisconsin Central, Ltd. railroads.
Scope and Contents Street railroad, electric light and steam power business in Ottumwa, Iowa. Maps, legal documents, correspondence, and subject files.
Dates: 1915-1922; 1922
Abstract Railroad mechanic. Two diaries containing details about his daily work in the shops of the C.B.&Q. and C.D.&M. railroads, community news and gossip in Dubuque, Iowa, and personal matters.
Dates: 1873, 1878
Scope and Contents Editor and writer on railroads. Speeches and articles.
Dates: 1917-1929; 1919
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, etc. relating to the Civil War, railroading in the West, and the Alaskan gold rush.
Dates: 1858 -1947
Abstract U.S. Senator and Representative from Iowa. Primarily correspondence from his years in the House and Senate. Spanning a half century the topics range from Indian affairs to Oklahoma statehood, banking to the Panama Canal, and Republican Party politics to railroads.
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern Railway Company of Iowa 2
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company 2
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Rail Road Co. 2
- Union Pacific Railroad Company 2
- Adirondack Railway Company 1
- Allen Motor Company 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- Amtrak 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- CSX Transportation (Firm) 1
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company 1
- Cedar Rapids and Missouri River Railroad Company 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chicago, Dubuque, and Minnesota Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Company (1866-1880) 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- ConRail 1
- Credit Mobilier of America 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dew, B.R. 1
- Donovan family 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. 1
- Dunn, Samuel O. (Samuel Orace), 1877-1958 1
- Durant, Thomas Clark, 1820-1885 1
- Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway 1
- Galena and Chicago Union Railroad Company 1
- Great Northern Railway Company (U.S.) 1
- Greene family 1
- Harbert, Albert N. 1
- Interstate Power Company 1
- Iowa Terminal Railroad 1
- Irish, Charles Wood 1
- Jamestown Ter-centennial Exposition (1907) 1
- Leonard, Levi O. 1
- Lincoln Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Mason City and Clear Lake Railroad 1
- McDermott, Francis 1
- McKenzie, Doug 1
- Mississippi and Missouri Railroad Company 1
- Missouri Pacific Railroad Company 1
- New York & New England Railroad 1
- New York, Chicago & St. Louis Railroad 1
- New York, Houstonic and Northern Railroad 1
- O'Donovan, Timothy C., 1879-1954 1
- Oregon Short Line and Utah Northern Railway Company 1
- Ottumwa Railway & Light Company 1
- Panama-Pacific International Exposition (1915 : San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Pennsylvania Railroad 1
- People's Gas and Electric Company 1
- Peoria and Bureau Valley Railway 1
- Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad Company 1
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and St. Louis Railway Company 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Saint Louis, Alton and Chicago Railroad 1
- Soo Line Railroad Company 1
- Sterns Family 1
- Strickland, Charles E. 1
- Terre Haute & Alton Railroad Company 1
- United States Army. Corps of Engineers. Regiment, 13th 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 51st, Company G 1
- United States Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 29th (1862-1865), Company F 1
- United States Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 37th (1864-1865), Company A 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission 1
- United States. Post Office Department 1
- Vander Maas, John P. 1
- Weston, R. 1
- Weston, R., 1827- 1
- Wisconsin Central Ltd. 1 ∧ less