Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 61
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract Scrapbook album, which contains a brief history of the Balasi family, artists' copies of performance contracts, promotional materials, newspaper reviews, photographs documenting their performances, and sheet music for music included in their performances. Sometimes the name appears as Balasic.
Abstract Businessman. Correspondence, speeches, advertising, etc. relating to the Armand Company (a cosmetics manufacturing firm in Des Moines, IA).
Abstract Government official and Progressive Party officer. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, clippings, tape recordings, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Records for the Milwaukee Road, Amtrak, and the B&O railroads, with some materials from the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E), the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), the Nickel Plate Railroad (NKP), and Acheson, Topeka and Santa Fe (AT&SF) lines from the 1880s to the early 1990s.
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, clippings, and genealogical records of these families, including materials relating to operating a farm near Prescott, Kansas; letters home from a worker on the Chautauqua circuit; and letters home from a professor of music.
Abstract Business records of a liquidated Davenport, Iowa, locomotive manufacturing company.
Abstract Dubuque, Iowa, surgeon. Subject files, articles, and speeches relating in great part to his term as president of the American Medical Association.
Abstract Manuscripts and related materials for several of Mrs. Bradley's titles, including Electing a President (1963) and Sew It and Wear It (1966).
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Overview Piper's notes on Western ballads, with music for some; other folk materials including rimes, riddles, games, folk sayings, quadrille calls, slang, superstitions, and folk remedies.
Abstract Novelist. Correspondence, scrapbooks, subject files, preliminary drafts of his writings.
Abstract Legal papers, diplomas, certificates of appointments, scrapbook, 2 issues of Keosauqua, Iowa, newspapers (1852-58), and other papers.
Abstract Member of the Iowa State Conservation Commission. Subject folders and scrapbooks relating to conservation issues and the American Legion.
Abstract General manager of Associated Press. The scrapbooks contain photographs, speeches, press releases, and articles from his career with the Associated Press.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Dates: 1841-1965; 1940-1970
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to The Iowa Author's Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
- Republican Party (Iowa) 7
- University of Iowa 5
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 3
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Associated Press 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- B.F. Moss Vaudeville Circuit 1
- Balasi Family 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Bray, Thomas J. 1
- Buena Vista College 1
- Butler, Guy G. 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Committee of Seven 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Coverdale, John Walter 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Cummins, Albert Baird, 1850-1926 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Edson, Willis Charles 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway 1
- Feeley, J. Richard 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- Frey, Thomas J. 1
- General Wildlife Federation 1
- Harding family 1
- Heberling, Andrew 1
- Heberling, John 1
- Hill, George R. 1
- Howard, James Raley, 1873- 1
- Hyde, Jackson L. 1
- Iowa Commission on Aging 1
- Iowa Department of Public Safety 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation 1
- Iowa Highway Commission 1
- Iowa Liquor Control Commission 1
- Iowa Natural Resources Council 1
- Iowa Society of the Sons of the American Revolution 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Ironmen (Football team) 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- J.N. "Ding" Darling Foundation 1
- Jarnagin, William C. 1
- Judd, William Nelson 1
- Kehoe, Louis 1
- Keith, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1846-1914 1
- Keith-Albee 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- LeCompte, Karl 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Lindly, John M. 1
- Loveless, Herschel C. 1
- MacVicar, John 1
- MacVicar, John, 1859-1928 1
- Mahaska County Non-Partisan Self Government Club 1
- Marsh, Willard 1
- Martin, Vernon Richard 1 ∧ less