Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 52
Abstract Correspondence reflecting pioneer life in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Montana.
Abstract Civil War soldier. Correspondence from Davis (an officer in Co.I, 15th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers) to his wife and daughters. Letters include information on troop morale, slavery, camp life, battles, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1879-1891; 1861-1863
Abstract Civil War soldier and mayor of DeWitt, Iowa. Letters written to his wife while he was serving with the 26th Iowa Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War.
Abstract Dr. Asa Bean was a physician with 114th Ohio Volunteers during the Civil War. Primarily correspondence between members of the Bean family.
Dates: 1833-1962; 1862-1863
Abstract Letters, documents, and a booklet on Major Hugh G. Brown.
Dates: 1822-1944; 1860s
Abstract Author and military historian. Primarily manuscripts including various drafts, galleys, and proofs for eleven of his books. Also contains draftof book reviews, short stories, and articles along with some subject files.
Abstract Letters to McClain's family in Wilton Junction, Iowa, telling of experiences in Tennessee with the 2nd Regiment of Iowa Cavalry.
Abstract Diary of an unknown soldier in Company C, 4th Infantry C.V., who was assigned to a detail guarding a wagon train carrying species to the East.
Abstract Civil War soldier from Danville, Iowa. Consists of letters written to his parents and family describing life in the 15th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Also includes his promotion and discharge papers.
Abstract One hundred and eighteen letters from Charles Thomas Ackley, mostly to his wife in Marble Rock, Iowa. Also included are newspaper clippings, brief biographies of some of the men in the Seventh Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and historical commentary.
Abstract Documents having to do with the Civil War.
Abstract A collection of bills, acts, reports and other documents printed by the Confederate States of America government.
Dates: 1861 - 1865
Abstract Civil War soldier. Typescripts of his Civil War correspondence, describing campaigns, battles, and camp life.
Dates: 1862-1887; 1862-1865
Abstract Civil War soldier and railroad builder. Memoirs, correspondence, clippings, and reports relating to his service with the 4th Iowa Cavalry during the Civil War. Also includes reports and papers about the Battle of Brice's Crossroads.
Abstract Civil War Letters of Ferdinand Sophus Winslow, 1861-1865.
Abstract Letters to Malcolm's wife, describing experiences in Georgia and elsewhere with the 7th Regiment of Iowa infantry.
Dates: 1864-1865; 1960
Abstract Civil War soldier from Iowa. Primarily letters written by Lt. George F. Hall of Co. C, 2nd Iowa Infantry Regiment, to his father during the Civil War. They discuss the food and weather, clothing, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1861-1864; 1862-1863
Abstract Diaries of a soldier in Company E, 17th Iowa Infantry, who was captured and imprisoned in Sumter Prison, 1864-65.
Abstract Correspondence to and from the Second Lieutenant.
Abstract Primarily the correspondence of James Giauque, a Civil War soldier who served in the 30th Iowa Infantry. Letters to his brother relate to army life, the siege of Vicksburg, and Copperheads. Also includes letters from his cousin Florian Giauque who served with the 102nd Ohio Volunteers.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Albertson family 1
- Allspaugh, Harrison 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Bean Family 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Brown Gibson Family 1
- Brown, Hugh G., 1835-1901 1
- Brown, Mary Gibson, 1798-1877 1
- Butler, Anson Rood, 1828-1901 1
- Cady, Charles 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Camp Alexander Hays (Kan.) 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Culver, Joseph Franklin 1
- Culver, Mary, 1842-1920 1
- Darling, Marcellus Warner 1
- Davis, Andrew F. 1
- Des Moines University 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Emmons, W.B. 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Fedderson, R. T. 1
- First Baptist Church (Fort Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Fluent, George 1
- Giaugue, Alfred 1
- Giauque Family 1
- Goodue, William F. 1
- Hall, George F. 1
- Hall, Israel 1
- Iowa Cavalry 1st Regiment 1
- Loyal Union League (Henry County, Iowa) 1
- Malcolm, Frank 1
- Malcolm, Lida 1
- Mann Family 1
- McClain, Byron 1
- Mead Family 1
- Mericle, Imanuel. 1
- Mericle, Martin 1
- Meyer, Nicholas 1
- Miles, Mary E. Russell 1
- Miller, James 1
- Nash, John Anson 1
- Paisley Family 1
- Paisley, Chloe Lippitt, 1839-1925 1
- Paisley, John, 1831-1909 1
- Paisley, Mabel 1
- Palmer family 1
- Palmer, David James 1
- Palmer, Harriet Calkins Catlett 1
- Palmer, John E. IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, V 1
- Palmer, Joseph Ward 1
- Palmer, Thomas Sharp 1
- Palmer, William 1
- Pratt, John W. 1
- Rigby, William Titus 1
- Russell, Henry Clay 1
- Russell, Henry Clay, d. 1902 1
- Second Iowa Cavalry Veteran Association 1
- Shearer, George Marion 1
- Shearer, George Marion, 1837-1912 1
- Shelton Family 1
- Shelton, Mary E. 1
- Shelton, O. C., Lieutenant 1
- Shelton, Rhoda Amanda 1
- Silver, Silas B. 1
- Sterns Family 1
- Strong, George W., approximately 1833- 1
- Swan, Susan Lippitt 1
- Throop, James A. 1
- Underwood, Myron, 1833- 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 101st (1864-1866) 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 125th (1865-1867) 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 12th (1863-1866) 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 62nd 1
- United States Army. Illinois Infantry 129th Regiment, 1862-1865 1
- United States Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 34th (1861-1865) 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 15th (1861- 1865) 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862- 1865), Company A 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 27th (1862- 1865), Company A 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865), Company C 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 30th (1862-1865), Company D 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 51st, Company G 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1865), Company G 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1865) 1 ∧ less