Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract Born in Ontario 1943, awarded a PhD in American literature by Pennsylvania State University in 1970, taught at Iowa from 1970 to 1986, retired to write. Perhaps best known for Rambo, the central character of his 1972 novel First Blood, which lead to the Rambo films starring Sylvester Stallone, Morrell has written numerous novels as well as screen- and teleplays. The growing collection of his papers includes video and audio tapes as well as research notes, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Abstract Dubuque, Iowa, surgeon. Subject files, articles, and speeches relating in great part to his term as president of the American Medical Association.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Abstract Research material compiled by Meade while writing the biography Buster Keaton Cut to the Case.
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Abstract Letters, diaries, genealogies, papers, and videocassette dealing with the Civil War, the Mormon move west, and World War II.
Abstract Correspondence, minutes of the board of directors, conventionreports, financial records, committee files, copies of thepublication RTNDA Bulletin, membership files, audiotapes, videotapes, and other papers.
Abstract Journalist and essayist. Correspondence, typescripts, notes, reviews, published copies, etc. relating to his literary career and his contributions to beat literature and the new journalism movement.
- American Medical Association 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966 1
- Krim, Seymour 1
- Meade, Marion 1
- Medical Speakers Bureau 1
- Morrell, David 1
- National Association of Radio News Directors 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Palmer family 1
- Palmer, Harriet Calkins Catlett 1
- Palmer, John E. IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, V 1
- Palmer, Joseph Ward 1
- Palmer, Thomas Sharp 1
- Palmer, William 1
- Radio Television News Directors Foundation 1
- Radio-Television News Directors Association 1
- Rafferty, Max 1
- Richardson, Howard 1
- United Nations 1
- United Nations Association of the U.S., Iowa Chapter 1
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Armed Services 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations 1
- United States Congress. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs 1
- United States Congress. Senate. Subcommittee on Alcoholism and Narcotics 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 13th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 28th (1862-1865) 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 1
- Ward, Donovan F. 1 ∧ less