Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Abstract A writer of biographies for children (on Columbus, Clara Barton, Lafayette and LaSalle, among others), Mrs. Graham also published more than 300 songs and Strike Up the Band! (1949), a collection of short biographies of American band musicians. Both her books and songs are represented in her papers.
Abstract Children's author and Iowa's first Newbery Award winner. This collection consists of a manuscript and various clippings. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Editor, novelist and professor of journalism at the University of Montana. Typescript drafts and related correspondence for several short stories and her novel, The Hanging Tree. Also some family correspondence and photographs. Johnson wrote Liberty Valence and A Man Called Horse, both, like The Hanging Tree, made into motion pictures.
Abstract Manuscripts and related materials for several of Mrs. Bradley's titles, including Electing a President (1963) and Sew It and Wear It (1966).
Abstract Playwright, biographer and novelist. Holograph notebooks containing first drafts of several historical novels, printer's copies, and correspondence are included. There are audiotapes of her research for Potomac Squire, a book about George Washington.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract British writer and philosopher. Manuscripts for most of her novels, plays, and poetry, primarily handwritten drafts in notebooks.
Abstract Poet and editor. Books, manuscripts,clippings, correspondence.
Abstract Author of books for young adults from More Than a Summer Love, (1962), with a special concern for mental health. Correspondence, notes, various drafts, promotional material, etc., of her many books for adolescents.
Abstract Newspaper Editor and writer, this collection contains material related to two novels (Amalie's Story, 1970 and Petra, 1978), a play (Eyes of Sky; a Play in Six Scenes) and a biography (Ruth Buxton Sayre: First Lady of the Farms, 1980).
- University of Iowa 2
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Bradley, Duane 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Canan, Janine 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Eyerly, Jeanette 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- Graham, Alberta Powell 1
- Hunting, Ema S. (Ema Suckow) 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Summer Writing Festival 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Johnson, Dorothy M. 1
- Kissane, Leedice McAnelly 1
- Lawrence, Rose Mary 1
- Lemberger, LeAnn 1
- McDonald, Julie 1
- McDonald, Julie, 1929- 1
- Medary, Marjorie 1
- Meigs, Cornelia 1
- Meigs, Cornelia, 1884-1973 1
- Morrison, Velma Ford 1
- Muehl, Lois Baker 1
- Murdoch, Iris 1
- Nuhn, Ferner, 1903- 1
- Nuhn, Georgeanna Washburn DaFoe 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Suckow, Ruth 1
- Suckow, W. J. (William John), 1859-1939 1
- Suckow, W. J., Mrs. 1
- Thane, Elswyth 1
- Veglahn, Nancy 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Wood, Maxine, 1906- 1
- Yaddo (Artist's colony) 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less