Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract Correspondence, chiefly love letters, between amateur printers Smith and Turnepseed, together with a few additional materials, including copies of their co-edited Literary Newsette. Many of Smith's letters document his activities training as a navigator in the United States Army Air Force, 1943-1944.
Abstract Dr. Walter Fox was a physician who served in France during WWI and later died in Serbia while working for the Italian Red Cross. Helen Fox Angell was a Red Cross worker during WWII and later in the Panama Canal Zone. Primarily photographs, correspondence, clippings, and memorabilia.
Abstract Historian, archivist, and author. Correspondence files; diaries; memorabilia; scrapbooks dealing with his early life, education, career in the State Department, and work for the Methodist Church.
Abstract World War II soldier. Correspondence, medals, scrapbook, and photographs primarily related to his service in the 210th Armored Infantry Battalion, 10th Armored (Tiger) Division, U.S. Army.
Abstract Neurosurgeon and book collector specializing in rare medical books. These papers primarily concern Dr. Martin's association with the University of Iowa. The establishment of the John Martin Rare Book Room and the donation of his collection of rare medical books is well documented with correspondence, clippings, brochures, etc. Some autobiographical sketches are included along with records of Dr. Martin's military service.
Abstract Lawyer in Burlington, Iowa and Iowa state senator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his legal and political careers and his military service in World War II.
Abstract Judge, attorney, and environmentalist from Vinton, Iowa. Subject files, speeches, and correspondence relating to his law career, the Vinton community, and the Izaak Walton League of America.
Abstract Editorial page editor of the Wall Street Journal. Correspondence, clippings and photographs relating to his editorial work, his experience in World War II, and his days as a graduate student at the University of Iowa.
Abstract Student leader, scholar, and athlete from Iowa. Correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, speeches, photographs, articles, etc.
- University of Iowa 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- American Legion 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Calhoun, John N. 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Evans, Joseph E. 1
- Fox family 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Hardin Library for the Health Sciences 1
- Hunting, Ema S. (Ema Suckow) 1
- Hyde, Jackson L. 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Ironmen (Football team) 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- Khrushchev, Nikita Sergeevich, 1894-1971 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- Kissane, Leedice McAnelly 1
- Koop, Theodore F. 1
- Martin, John M.D. Ph.D. 1
- National Amateur Press Association 1
- Nuhn, Ferner, 1903- 1
- Nuhn, Georgeanna Washburn DaFoe 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) 1
- Smith, Burton Jay 1
- Smith, Burton Jay, 1916-1944 1
- Stern, Stewart 1
- Suckow, Ruth 1
- Suckow, W. J. (William John), 1859-1939 1
- Suckow, W. J., Mrs. 1
- Tilford Collegiate Academy 1
- Tobin, John W. 1
- Turnepseed, Willametta, 1909-1989 1
- United States Army. Armored Division, 10th 1
- United States Army. Armored Infantry Battalion, 20th 1
- United States Army. Infantry Division, 106th 1
- United States Army. Medical Officers' Reserve Corps 1
- United States. Department of State 1
- United States. Navy 1
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis), 1892-1944 1
- World Methodist Historical Society 1
- Yaddo (Artist's colony) 1 ∧ less