Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 543
Abstract Journalist who wrote for Des Moines and Waterloo newspapers.
Abstract Mexican couple from the state of Guanajuato who settled permanently in Iowa in the 1910s.
Abstract Writer and volunteer who earned a doctorate in English from the University of Iowa while living with spinocerebellar degeneration.
Abstract Rural Mt. Ayr, Iowa woman who worked in local homes as a washerwoman and housekeeper.
Dates: ca. 1912-1999
Abstract Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Clinical psychologist and University of Iowa alumna who was a member of the Des Moines Know Your Neighbor panel.
Dates: 1946-1996; 1961-1966
Abstract Iowa City study club organized in 1897.
Abstract Eastern Iowa women's study and social club.
Abstract Swedish immigrant who moved to Iowa in 1889. (In Swedish with English translations.)
Dates: 1884-1993; 1884-1938
Abstract Japanese American activist who, after being interned in a War Relocation Center during World War II, travelled extensively and was heavily involved in human and civil rights campaigns in Iowa City and beyond.
Dates: 1944-2012; Other: Date acquired: 2012-12-06
Abstract Mitchell and her husband operated the Community Pharmacy in Des Moines for 25 years.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Mother from Ames, Iowa who died of polio in 1955.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Dates: 1944-1997; 1944-1949
Abstract City hostess and policewoman from Waterloo, Iowa.
Abstract Rural nurse who contracted AIDS on the job and became a national spokeswoman for occupational safety.
Abstract Reporter, women's page editor, and columnist for the Minneapolis Star and Tribune from the 1940s until 1988.
Abstract Mexican immigrant to Iowa in the 1910s, member of the Cook's Point community in Davenport, and matriarch of a large family.
Abstract Engineering clerk, weaver, photographer, and traveler from Boone, Iowa.
Dates: 1855-1980; 1940-1980
Abstract Ellsworth, Iowa, woman who served in World War II.
Abstract Educator, author, collector of children's books.
- State University of Iowa 58
- University of Iowa 35
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 12
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- Republican Party (Iowa) 10
- American Association of University Women 8
- Iowa State Teachers College 8
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 8
- Grinnell College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Northern Iowa 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 2
- Coe College 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Keck family 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa City, Iowa 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Miller family 2
- Monroe Busy Bees (4-H Club : Mahaska County, Iowa) 2
- Moore, Mary Ellen, 1919-1998 2
- Mullen, Peg, 1917-2009 2
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 2
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 2
- National Federation of Republican Women 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2 ∧ less