Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 543
Abstract Des Moines women's club formed in 1897 to promote efficiency in extemporaneous speaking.
Abstract Career nurse and avid traveler who grew up in Dedham, Iowa and Des Moines.
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and laboratory assistant who was active in student government and served as a steward in AFSCME Local 12.
Abstract Multi-volume memoir of a Mormon woman who was an educator, poet and advocate for the mentally ill.
Dates: 1954 - 2002
Abstract Sports administrator, professor, and gender equity activist.
Dates: 1952-2009; 1970-2005
Abstract Ecumenical organization.
Abstract Johnson County, Iowa chapter of Church Women United.
Abstract Free-lance writer, home economics teacher, and civic leader who wrote articles and diaries concerning life in Iowa, China, and Wisconsin.
Abstract Harris worked in radiation detection instrumentation. She was active in the Johnson County League of Women Voters and the Johnson County Alliance for the Mentally Ill.
Abstract A social and benevolent women's club near Atlantic, Iowa.
Abstract Author, librarian, and professor of library science who was a WAVE during World War II.
Abstract Elementary school teacher from Rolfe, Iowa who later worked as a lab technician in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Abstract The daughter of a German immigrant who was born and raised on a farm in Lee County, Iowa.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Internationally recognized peat geologist from Iowa City.
Abstract Educated in journalism and law. Washington, Iowa, resident active in YWCA, Planned Parenthood and UNICEF.
Overview Research materials and correspondence of a historian of the Unitarian church’s female ministers in Iowa during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Abstract Carpenter and activist for women in non-traditional jobs.
Abstract Peterson's journals describe daily life in rural Iowa from 1907 to 1910; Dallner's writings focus on two mysterious deaths that occurred in 1925.
Abstract Walnut and Webster chapter records of this social and benevolent club comprised of farmwomen.
- State University of Iowa 58
- University of Iowa 35
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 12
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 10
- Republican Party (Iowa) 10
- American Association of University Women 8
- Iowa State Teachers College 8
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 8
- Grinnell College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa State College 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 5
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- White family 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- Daughters of the American Revolution 4
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- United Nations 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 4
- Des Moines Women's Club 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 3
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- University of Northern Iowa 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Young Women's Christian Association (State University of Iowa) 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Camp Fire Girls 2
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 2
- Coe College 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Mothers Association 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa Parent Teacher Association 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Keck family 2
- Keene, Carolyn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa City, Iowa 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Miller family 2
- Monroe Busy Bees (4-H Club : Mahaska County, Iowa) 2
- Moore, Mary Ellen, 1919-1998 2
- Mullen, Peg, 1917-2009 2
- Muscatine Migrant Committee 2
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 2
- National Federation of Republican Women 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2 ∧ less